Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
02-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #1

Dog treats

I'd like to get dylanstroker's mum's dogs some treats for when I meet them in a couple of weeks time, found some dog chocolate in the co-op (haven't bought it yet) but I'm not sure whether to get the dog chocolate or some of the long stick treat things? Which would be better to get? Any ideas?

The dogs are big greyhound type things, one's rather lazy. I've got a picture somewhere of them or maybe dylanstroker could post a picture (can't remember the name of the black one - sorry!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #2

Re: Dog treats

I'm not a fan of the stick type treats, there are a lot of highly coloured ones of dubious origin and should be avoided in my opinion.

I like the stuff on the Fish4Dogs site, they have different shapes of treats called Sea Jerky which are made of dried fish skin (quite stinky though!) Morgan absolutely loves them but they're gone in seconds so aren't any use if I want to occupy him for a while

He also has the stag bars (antlers) from Pure Dogs which aren't cheap but he gnaws away for hours on them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
03-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #3

Ours dont like dog chocolate. Depends what the chews are, do you know the name of them? Popular chews with ours are Smackos, Dentastiks, Dentachews.

Marrowbone biscuits are very popular - remind me of mini sausage rolls Maybe a box of biscuits - would last longer too?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #4

I love your description "big greyhound type things"!!!! lol My 3 big greyhounds love dentasticks, gravy bones, marrowbone biscuits and the Fish4dogs treats too!