Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #1

Dogs for Life

Has any one here ever been on one of the dogs for life holidays or training events?
http://www.dogsforlife.co.uk/welcome.asp
I see they have a weekend event at Perth in April, I quite fancy going along to that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #2

Re: Dogs for Life

Looks good. Action packed yet relaxing holiday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

Nope never done anything like it. Sure you don't fancy Greece instead?????

Seriously looks very action filled.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #4

Ofcourse I'd prefer Greece but thought this looked like fun too.

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #5

I've booked and Rayne and I are going. Really looking forward to it.

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #6

A girly holiday then................don't forget the rock.

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #7

We got a mention in the DFL newsletter.

At the beginning of April we held an Essential Training weekend in Perth – and three new ladies booked 2 Sisters and a friend – they owned a Rottweiler (who turned out to be a gorgeous gal), Border Terrier called Rayne who is a real cutie and a Black Lab Bitch Holly who had looked like she had given up on life and they had got a dog walk for her to get in and out of the van! But…..all these newbies to DFL had an amazing w/e went on a huge learning curve. They have been in touch a couple of times since and below is a copy of their latest email – which we would like to share as it is so wonderfully damn positive……

"Hi there to all I have taken Philippa’s advice and have been doing exercises with Holly to get her waist moving again and so far it is working. She is much more supple, for an old dog, and is jumping in and out the van more easily. I've also reduced her food and length of her walks and she is looking fantastic.

Elaine and I have teamed up with another dog walker and have managed to rent a field to exercise our dogs in. This makes our day much less stressful as we have secured the fencing all round so no dogs can get loose. All except a German Pointer who I walk who jumps the fence just for fun. We have two fields, one slightly smaller than the other and he jumps from one side to the next, which is no use because there are sheep in next field and if he jumps in beside them we are in trouble, so he is still walked on lead.

Rayne, Elaine's wee Border Terrier is coming on leaps and bounds and loves running about the field with the other dogs. We just have to watch that they don't all get too excited or a fight could break out. We are going to get a Behavourist in to help us manage all the dogs and the approach to and from the field so that we can have a balanced pack of dogs. Elaine has big plans for us all. We will keep you posted on our progress. Hope you are all well and hope to come on another of you hols.

Pauline Mitchell Au-Pair Pet Care"

So thank you girls for the above – and wishing you well with your Dog Walking Business – I am sure your clientele will grow and grow – because you are developing in your knowledge, growing with the changes you have learnt and have opened your learning … any dog owner should be pleased to leave their hounds in your hands……. Keep us posted from bonnie Scotland.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #8

Wow - that's splendid Elaine. So glad you all got so much out of your "holiday".

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #9

Hey you are famous...............a lovely write up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #10

That's great, Elaine! What a lovely article.