Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #1

It was going so well....

As I was saying to Fran earlier today, things have been going really well with Teddie and this new food..........until now!!

I don't know what has gone wrong but for the last few hours she has had bad runs again and I've had to go and change my clothes as I was smelling of kitty poo . I'm just stumped as to what has caused it. She hasn't manged to eat anything she shouldn't, she had the same flavour of almo nature yesterday mixed with her white fish as she had today, I didn't put too much in, I used the tree bark powder as I have been for the last week, baffled????

She still seems lively enough, it's just all runny again. I feel like banging my head off of a brick wall .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #2

Re: It was going so well....

Oh Alex, I so know exactly how you are feeling right now and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened as you seemed so positve about the new diet earlier. Did you order some granules?? or have you got any granules left that you could use to try and bind her back up?? Long term, I really don't know where you can go from here except back to the plain white fish

{{{Hugs Alex}} I hope Teddie improves very quickly x

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #3

No I've none of the granules left Fran, will have to order some. When you get your promax paste, do you just go into your vets and order it or does he have to prescribe it? My vet will only prescribe and then I have to pay a precription charge too!! I'd like to get some more of that 'cause it worked so well, but I'm not giving my bloody vet any more money!! I'll put her back on the plain fish for a few days on its own (she's not going to be happy as she is loving these new flavours), and see how things go.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
When you get your promax paste, do you just go into your vets and order it or does he have to prescribe it?
It's not a prescription drug Alex, you can just go into your vets and buy it over the counter without a prescription. It will be most likely cheaper on the internet than from your vet. I have a link somewhere..I'll go and see if I can find it and post it for you

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #5

Here you go Alex, our vets charge about £16 for this so this is quite a good buy. Not sure if there is a delivery charge or not

http://www.vetscriptions.co.uk/mm5/m...&Category_Code

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #6

That is a good price! Couldn't find anything about a delivery charge, but will try and find enough loose change under the sofa to order it on monday, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #7

Oh Alex, so discouraging....and just when it seemed that you were turning a corner with her. Back to the fish I guess, and hope the granules will help...(((hugs)))....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
10-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #8

Sorry to hear the Teddie has the runs again. I hope it is just a tiny blip and that she is back on track soon.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
11-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #9

You both need a big ((((((hug)))))) I hope Teddie has improved today x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #10

Oh Teddie!
Let's hope it's just a one-off. Back to fish and back to really, really slow introduction of anything else (like the Burns article)