Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #21

Re: Cat Flap Designs

Sorry to hijack this for a mo Donna! Fran, you said that if he's uneutered you can see his pom poms (lol) but I can still see Coopers and he was done 2 weeks ago, is this normal?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Sorry to hijack this for a mo Donna! Fran, you said that if he's uneutered you can see his pom poms (lol) but I can still see Coopers and he was done 2 weeks ago, is this normal?
I can still Clooney's, actually I often joke with hubby that they are growing back But in all honesty they are nothing like the size they were before he was neutered. Cooper may still have a little swelling from his op?

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #23

Thanks Fran, is probably is still a little swelling then (no pun intended, lol). They are smaller than before, just wasn't sure if they were meant to disappear completely or not!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Thanks Fran, is probably is still a little swelling then (no pun intended, lol). They are smaller than before, just wasn't sure if they were meant to disappear completely or not!
I think it varies from cat to cat or even, surgeon to surgeon? But we can clearly see Clooney is male where as with Claude (mind you he only had one ) and Slyvester you cannot tell that either of them are male without very close inspection

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #25

Both my boys still have obvious psuedo-pom-poms. Previous neutered toms have been much tidier in the beneath-tail region. D'you think it's because the anaesthetics are so good and they just knock them out for a short time, they do a couple of quick snips, remove the offensive articles like shelling peas and just leave it? A five minute job? Better for the cats than being anaesthetised for a longer time.

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #26

Probably DM! I'd not noticed with Broxi as he's fluffy and you couldn't really see his nether regions anyway, lol, but with Cooper it was still obvious.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #27

My colleague has suggested I start from Monday and go to work putting my cats OUT with the flap LOCKED after they have had breakfast. Put the dirty litter tray in the garden.

Come home at 3-4 and let them in again for their tea and put them straight back OUT again with the flap locked. Let them in at 6-7 for the night. Up till bedtime keep an eye on them and if they are looking for the litter tray let them out for them to do their business. Then lock the flap for the night after that. He says they should get used to this over time.

He said that way they will get used to doing their business outside and not mess in the house and solves the stray cat problem too.

He is a cat owner and has never heard of so many problems that I have had with my cats as this. He thinks this situation I am in is MAD!!!

Any thoughts on this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #28

Did you call the number Donna?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #29

Not yet - at work!! Dont want colleagues thinking I daft!! They all laugh at me with my animals!!!

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #30

I don't know about that Donna, I mean, could you leave your kitties out all day if it was snowing like it is here???