Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #11

Re: Cat Flap Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I have the Staywell 4-way flap and Cassie broke OUT of that Hubby repaired it though and now it is stronger than ever!
Yes I remember that little episode

I might set the flap tonight for in only - and if the cat comes in then it is trapped. One night of an accident from Chloe for me to get a good look at this cat might help solve this problem... not got close enough to him to see if he has a magnet on his collar for HIS catflap at home.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
07-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #12

Hi Donna.

A word of warning.........we had a problem with a cat coming in and did the same thing, the intention being that if it got a scare and couldn't get out for a bit, it might deter it from coming back in.

Well, it got a scare all right, it went absolutely barmy tearing around the kitchen, it was literally flying up the walls. OH tried to get to the back door to open it and let it out and it just went for him. He ended up at A&E having stitches in his arms and a tetanus jab!

However, it did work, the cat never came back. So be careful!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy
Hi Donna.

A word of warning.........we had a problem with a cat coming in and did the same thing, the intention being that if it got a scare and couldn't get out for a bit, it might deter it from coming back in.

Well, it got a scare all right, it went absolutely barmy tearing around the kitchen, it was literally flying up the walls. OH tried to get to the back door to open it and let it out and it just went for him. He ended up at A&E having stitches in his arms and a tetanus jab!

However, it did work, the cat never came back. So be careful!
Thanks for the warning!!!!

I just want to see if he has a collar/magnet. If he does then I know that is the reason he can get in. If he doesnt then it is brute force he is using.

If he does get scared and doesnt come in again it will be a bonus but I can understand your concerns. I will be careful!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #14

You'd better go out looking for a suit of armour tomorrow Donna!

Take care......

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #15

Well my plan worked!!!!!

One trapped cat in my kitchen this morning. My two cats were safe behind the kitchen door for the night so no fights.

The cat was rather scared to see me, but is very friendly. No idea if it is spayed/neutered as dont know what I am looking for but it does spray everywhere!!

The cat has no magnet on its collar so is breaking the cat flap magnetic lock each time it comes in.

I have a phone number - do you think I should telephone the owner and what should I say????? Not sure what to do next!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #16

I would give them a call and just say that you found him in your kitchen this morning and that he has been coming in and out for the last few days and you were wondering if he was missing as you hadn't seen him before! Hope it goes well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #17

If it's a Tom Donna and he is entire then you will be able to see his pom poms quite obviously if you lift his tail up. If he is entire then I would be inclined to phone the owners and let them know what a nuisance of himself he is making and upsetting your cats and politely suggest that they get him neutered asap. Good luck. Let us knowhow it goes

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
09-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #18

So glad you didn't get savaged Donna! But doesn't sound like he was scared enough to have put him off!

Catsey Veteran

09-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #19

No I think he will still come in - he was scared but he allowed me to pick him up to check his collar.

He had eaten all my cats food again as well.

If the cat is spraying everywhere does that mean it is an uneutered tom?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
If the cat is spraying everywhere does that mean it is an uneutered tom?

I'd say it sounds like a good chance that he is entire but neutered Toms and indeed females can spray too. An un neutered male's urine really stinks though so I think you would know