Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #11

Re: Someone reassure me

So sorry to read that you are feeling the pressure Soupie. I am sure time and a little patience will work wonders.
You can also get feliway from e-bay. Have you tried rescue remedy too? A few drops in her water or maybe even a drop rubbed into the ear tips.
Remind me how old dear Pousse is? Did you get her from a rescue? If so they may have already had a blood test done and should be able to tell you what the results were. It might save putting her through a bit more needless stress if they have.
How about also trying the scenting thing as DM had said but maybe rub the arms of chairs you sit in etc. Might be a wee bit easier for you that way.
Does she use a bed? You could also spread her scent by putting a wee blanket in her bed or where she prefers to lie and then move the blanket to the sofa or some thing.
You certainly didnt do the wrong thing by taking her in. So many older cats get over looked and remain unwanted. There are always issues with pets of all ages, so try to worry less and enjoy watching all the little break throughs more.
All the best xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
So sorry to read that you are feeling the pressure Soupie. I am sure time and a little patience will work wonders.
You can also get feliway from e-bay. Have you tried rescue remedy too? A few drops in her water or maybe even a drop rubbed into the ear tips.
Remind me how old dear Pousse is? Did you get her from a rescue? If so they may have already had a blood test done and should be able to tell you what the results were. It might save putting her through a bit more needless stress if they have.
How about also trying the scenting thing as DM had said but maybe rub the arms of chairs you sit in etc. Might be a wee bit easier for you that way.
Does she use a bed? You could also spread her scent by putting a wee blanket in her bed or where she prefers to lie and then move the blanket to the sofa or some thing.
You certainly didnt do the wrong thing by taking her in. So many older cats get over looked and remain unwanted. There are always issues with pets of all ages, so try to worry less and enjoy watching all the little break throughs more.
All the best xxx

Hi there

She is 13 this year - born spring 1994. I havent tried rescue remedy but do have some from when I used to showjump as I got very nervous so could try that.

As far as the rescue were concerned she is in good health so perhaps I was lucky with George my last golden oldie as she was much healthier than Pousse is now and had more teeth at the same age I'll only have blood tests if necessary though. Am hoping vet will prescribe lots of TLC and good food

She doesn't use the bed I bought her but sleeps on my bed at night and in the day and on the sofa with me in the evening - she tends to stay close to me when I am in - in fact I can't believe she's not come to look for me yet

It does all hint toward insecurity and I am the third home in a short period of time if you count the private home her owners tried first and then the rescue centre - I'm just worried I won't be able to fulfill her needs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #13

Sounds to me as if you are more than meeting her needs, you care for her thats enough,

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #14

I am sure its just all teething troubles if you pardon the pun.
I remember when Bernie arrived here, he's a young boy but his coat was a kind of burnt ginger colour due to being malnourished. Dawn had done a good job of feeding him up a bit but he still looked awfull. Now he's my gorgous fluffy black boy and shiney too.
I am sure once you get a food to suit and she settles down and realises this is where she belongs, things will all fall into place.
It is recomended for older cats to have their bloods checked yearly just to make sure kidney function etc is all in order but talk it over with your vet and let him guide you on that one.

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Sounds to me as if you are more than meeting her needs, you care for her thats enough,
Karen says it all in such few words. Me write a whole chapter to get to the point

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #16

Always one for a few words me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thank you - am all bashful now