Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #1

Active, non-active register question

a quick question, if a cat is on non-active regsiter does this mean that he/she has to be neutered by a certain age?
or is that just when you sign a contract stating so?
Best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
18-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #2

Re: Active, non-active register question

most breeders will ask you to neuter by 6 months if on non active
and if the cat is not for breding then its a good idea as even girls can spray when calling and they dont call it calling for nothing

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
19-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #3

Am I right in thinking that a kitten can be transferred from non active to Active?

Catsey Junior

19-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #4

If the breeder has put this kitten on the Non Active register you can not breed from your kitten, but you can still show & you will have to have the kitten Neutered or speyed & it's great fun showing a neuter. If you go to the gccf web site this will tell you all you need to know about showing or go to a cat show.

Catsey Junior

19-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #5

no If the breeder has specifically put this kitten on the Non Active register then It can not breed from he/she but you can show as a neuter classes.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #6

But if it was a question as to proving to the breeder in the lead up to and after the first call that you ere able to provide the necesary care of a queen in call to keep her away from toms etc, then the breeder saw fit could the kitten be transfered onto active?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Siamese.Maine Coon. moggies
19-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #7

I thought it was possible to transfer them from reading this on the GCCF literature

The GCCF will not register kittens born from a parent on the Non-Active register and cats may only be transferred from the Non-Active to the Active register by the breeder or the person who first registered the cat, who is under no obligation to do so. This does not mean that cats registered on the Non-Active register will not be bred from but it does make their kittens of less value, and so discourages the new owner from breeding. Stud owners should be aware that Non-Active registered cats should not be accepted to stud, and owners of studs and queens should ensure that any prospective mate is on the Active register by asking to see the registration or transfer certificate. A Non-Active registration will have the words 'NO PROGENY TO BE REGISTERED' printed on the certificate, beside the registered owner's name and address.

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #8

yes a breeder can put a cat on to the active reg after it has been on the non active but only the breeder can do that. and its not that you have showed the breeder that you can look after the cat as both on active and non active should be looked after the same its the quality of the kitten/cat.

most breeders like you to at least show a neuter for a few years before selling a cat on the active reg

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
19-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
yes a breeder can put a cat on to the active reg after it has been on the non active but only the breeder can do that. and its not that you have showed the breeder that you can look after the cat as both on active and non active should be looked after the same its the quality of the kitten/cat.

most breeders like you to at least show a neuter for a few years before selling a cat on the active reg
I wasn't saying the kittens care would be any different! just saying the breeder wanted us to prove that we could keep an intact queen on call away from the moggy toms!

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #10

no luke i know u wernt saying that

i have never heard of a breeder doing that so i cant sa.
so i guess you want to get in to breeding then? i hope this is what you mother wants and not you, a child should have nothing to do with the breeding of any animal, yes i have kids but they know nothing about what goes on they know when an animal is preg and they also meet the kittens/pups when they are 3 weeks and not before. my oldest is 9 and has never seen anything born other than on TV.