Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
06-07-2007, 04:53 AM   #1

A stuffed nose.

The new kitten we got has a bad stuffed nose. What can I do to ease her sneezing?

Catsey Junior

06-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #2

Re: A stuffed nose.

It's 2:23 a.m and I just can't sleep lol. She dosn't sneeze that much, it's just her snorting from time to time that wakes me up, gets the damp cloth and whipe her nose...but there's barely any disscharge. It's like when you get a cold and only a little comes out. She was playing earlier (Not much) and she dosn't have a tempature. So, I'm just a worrey wort cause Kyle keeps telling me "It's only a cold hun, go to bed" Lol I'm just uber-worried XP

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #3

New cats often get a little snotty due to being a little stressed etc. My friend Dawn who does rescue gets alot of snotty kitties in, her vet recomends placing a bowl of hot water with some Olbias oil in it in the room to help ease congestion. If it continues for more than a few days, best to get the kitty checked as it may need a little antibiotic or something to help.

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #4

Meant to add, dont leave the bowl and kitty unsupervised though coz we dont want the kitty scalding itsself or drinking the olbias oil.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #5

Socks am I right to think you found this little kitten? If you did there could be an underlaying reason to it being dumped. Like cat flu or something. Not everyone cares for there animls as we all know. I would say take the little one to the Vet ASAP. Easpecially as you have another cat.
Please let us know how you get on.
Edited to ask. Does she have blisters in her tounge? If yes get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Dont let her mix with Socks.

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Socks am I right to think you found this little kitten? If you did there could be an underlaying reason to it being dumped. Like cat flu or something. Not everyone cares for there animls as we all know. I would say take the little one to the Vet ASAP. Easpecially as you have another cat.
Please let us know how you get on.
Edited to ask. Does she have blisters in her tounge? If yes get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Dont let her mix with Socks.
Poor mite. In that case I agree with Jac.

Catsey Junior

06-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #7

Well, we took her to the vet as soon as we came in, and she is just a bit stressed ^_^. Socks and her did play last night and after reading your post I was like "O_O;;" Oh no.." but ^_^ Her nose is looking a little clear today and we got her some kitten milk to build up her ammune system. Not to mention last night she crawled up to my neck and jumped on my head playing with my hair T_T

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
06-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #8

Another thing you can do if she is a bit blocked up is if you hvaae a humidifier then add some eucalyptus oil to it this will help clear her up although she would need to be in the room with the humidifier. But it sound like you have it sorted.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #9

How is she doing now, Socks? Any improvement with the snuffling?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #10

i hope she is ok now just catching up lol