Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #11

Re: Blood results back

My cats are on medication to treat their thyroid levels and it has always been elevated before treatment, in mist cases it drops after treatment.
Out Fluffy was in today to have her levels tested- we have to wait for her t4 results to come back, but her ALT is elevated, Donald was tested last week, his liver enzymes are now normal and his t4 is prefect, before when he was hyper his liver enzymes were elevated. I am not saying she doesn't have liver damage but it may not be significant in her health or lifespan. Deli, our Dali, had liver problems from the time she can to us and was on medication and hepatic food through that time. She was PTS at 14 because the spondylosis in her back got to the point where she couldn't walk. I have lost many cats with hyperthyroid but it has never been because of liver disease, sadly it is more usually kidney failure.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #12

Re: Blood results back

Hi Farthing
Thanks for your positivity.

Mitzi also has Eosinophillic Granuloma Complex so it's not easy for her to eat dry food like she used to, consequently her weight loss is an issue and a concern with making sure she gets a regular intake of food and fluids each day.
She's also 17 years and 5 months of age, so her lifespan isn't exactly on her side either.