Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #1

Murphy's eye...

When I first got Murphy had him to the vet who said the eye had ruptured and it would need removing when he was strong enough.....

Now, to me looking at it it looks as if its healing without any treatment, he can certainly see out of it...
what do you all think???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #2

Re: Murphy's eye...

His eye certainly looks almost normal Moli. How can that be?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
12-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

I am amazed! His eye looks absolutely normal, except for in the last picture but that is due to the lighting I would think. Compared to when you first got him, I would not believe that this is the same cat.

How does that work out then?

He is such a handsome boy, especially in the second picture.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #4

It looks like a normal eye from those pics to me. You see your cat everyday and if you say he can see from it. I believe it. Methinks a trip back to the vet for another opinion. What a little sweetheart he is, Moli! Wouldn't it be wonderful if he didn't need the surgery after all?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

Maybe miracles do happen. His eye looks good to me and if he has sight in it then surely it must be worth saving. Hopefuly the vet will agree, it's a good job he wasn't strong enough initialy.
Sometimes they do get it wrong, i once had a Cat with a leg injury that caused her to curl the leg up, amputation was mentioned as the leg appeared to be useless. However with a bit of time she regained almost full use.
When does Murphy see the vet again ?

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #6

He has a slight clouding over one corner, it was right over the eye, but is disappearing daily....I tend to think he had an injury and its healing itself..Think I may take him to see my own vet...Not keen on the one the CP use...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #7

Love can bring about miracles and Murphy has had lots of that from you and good vibes sent from all over. Maybe his eye will not function again or be as it should but to my untrained eye Murph's looks completely normal. Provided that there is no reason eg, infection, then I would be choosing to keep him just the way he is. He's a gorgeous looking cat and deserves to keep his charms

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #8

I really do not think he will need it removed, its almost normal....its improving daily....The vet he saw was not too sure about eyes.....

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Maybe miracles do happen. His eye looks good to me and if he has sight in it then surely it must be worth saving. Hopefuly the vet will agree, it's a good job he wasn't strong enough initialy.
Sometimes they do get it wrong, i once had a Cat with a leg injury that caused her to curl the leg up, amputation was mentioned as the leg appeared to be useless. However with a bit of time she regained almost full use.
When does Murphy see the vet again ?
I am going to take him to see my own vet...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #10

Oh I didn't realize it wasn't your own vet who'd made the diagnosis! Do definitely take Murphy to yours, I know you trust him/her.