Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 DSH
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #11

Re: Found this really disturbing

I just went back on the forum to clear a few things up before leaving & I noticed the admin had given me a red card on my user CP saying that I have low comments about cross-bred cats. How can I have such a thing when all 5 of my cats are moggies I've told her I'm not going back & to close my account. I can't believe anyone could think that of me!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: soon to own 2 tabby rescue kittens!
01-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
I just went back on the forum to clear a few things up before leaving & I noticed the admin had given me a red card on my user CP saying that I have low comments about cross-bred cats. How can I have such a thing when all 5 of my cats are moggies I've told her I'm not going back & to close my account. I can't believe anyone could think that of me!
that is terrible, for goodness sake...everyone is allowed their own opinion, and you were bloody right in the first place.shouldnt the forum give the fella in question a red card for being irresponsible. It reminds me of when I got my springer Poppy. The couple (breeders...ye right!) lived of handouts (NO IM NOT KNOCKING ANYONE HERE, SO PLEASE NO NASTY COMMENTS...IM CLEARLY STATING THE FACTS) the tax payers paid for their house...yet they had a caravan, a range rover...all paid for by, well tax payers, but mostly their dogs. They had 3 female springers and 1 male, and 2 other dogs (not sure what breed, can remember!) so thats 8 litters a year. They did not get them kennel club registered cos of the cost, only dog lovers (which was fine for me as i only wanted a pet) and they bought the cheapest food for them. 8 litters and £400 A PUP. some people ARE just in it for the money...this guy obviously was.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #13

Don't worry about it Alison, its their loss and our gain... You are better off on Catsey...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #14

I would have left the forum too.

I am totally and utterly against the breeding of moggy cats. There will never be a shortage of them and having volunteered in a rescue centre for many years, I have personally seen the huge scale of the problem. Sorry, but I think it is irresponsible for anyone to even consider it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 DSH
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #15

That's how I see it too Kim, I have seen how overrun rescues are, not just cats but dogs, rabbits etc....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I would have left the forum too.

I am totally and utterly against the breeding of moggy cats. There will never be a shortage of them and having volunteered in a rescue centre for many years, I have personally seen the huge scale of the problem. Sorry, but I think it is irresponsible for anyone to even consider it.

I agree and its not about being against moggies, it's about loving them and doing what is right. I have seen the most pittyful cases via Diddydawns rescue work and how she has broke her heart trying to help the most poorly of them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #17

i just feel bad as i phoned lots of rescues about kittens & cats and they all turned me down as i dont have a garden!

one kitten was only 8 weeks and she said it had already been in her garden and she seemed taken aback when i said it wont be going outside!

i then paid £50 to someone who i now know breds kittens /cats for money and churns them out like hot dinners, so instead of resucing a cat and giving it a good home, ive funded this women to carry on doing this

i am now moving in about 4 weeks (sign the papers next week yippee!) so he is getting neutered in a week & mircochipped etc, but i could have given a older cat a nice new home i wasnt bothered about age just wanted to rehoem a cat, but all of them went outside, even the kittens.

i might re-home in the future but ive now decided to get a pedigree cat on my next list! never had one before!

oh i dont think people should encourage mating of any cats ped or not if its not to further a breed etc.

in my opinion no mating is a 'acident' if your dog/cat is not spayed/neutered it can get pregnant, and you can take it to the vets to have it terminated if it gets that far.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #18

Yes, I do so agree. Off all my cats only the first was actually a planned purchase. The rest were all rescues of one sort or another. Every single one the result of an 'accident'. Kinsi's mum was about 5 and it was her 4th pregnancy. Her owner didn't want her or the kittens.

I've already said tht I hadn't even brought her home and I was asked if I was going to breed her! - what is it with some people??

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Yes, I do so agree. Off all my cats only the first was actually a planned purchase. The rest were all rescues of one sort or another. Every single one the result of an 'accident'. Kinsi's mum was about 5 and it was her 4th pregnancy. Her owner didn't want her or the kittens.

I've already said tht I hadn't even brought her home and I was asked if I was going to breed her! - what is it with some people??

CM
Its all about money CM......They get a cat and see £ signs!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Its all about money CM......They get a cat and see £ signs!!!
Och, I know - but it just makes me see red. I have had some wonderful characters over the years and not all came as kittens. There are so many lovely animals out there just waiting to be loved and to love. But hey - guess I'm preaching to the converted?