Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-07-2022, 06:52 AM   #1

Sunday daily.

Good morning everyone. Sunday 5pm here and I'll soon be heading out with the cats. It's been a funny old day - not cold ,but definitely not warm either. It rained really hard last night and as usual, the front conservatory flooded. I had waterproof sheets and buckets down, but then the rain started dripping into the lounge as well where the join in the ceiling is. Today I've been left with a huge pile of towels and brolly sheets to try and get dry. Having to use my dryer for the first time this winter and I hate using it because it really brings up the power bill. At least it hasn't rained today but I'm waiting to see what the weather is going to do tonight. I'll have to contact EQC as they were the people that removed the front conservatory from the rest of the house when the repairs were going on. It's only ever leaked after those repairs, so maybe it wasn't joined up again properly.

I rang my cousin again this morning and I'm thrilled that we are now talking again. I said that I was sorry that I upset her once again and she said that she had missed our chats. She said that she'll ring me tonight and have a decent talk, so I'm looking forward to that.I haven't told her about Dickens yet.

Thanks for the advice about keeping busy - I have been doing that and yes, it does help. I am going to listen to an audio book tonight in bed, which will probably send me to sleep.

Dickens is now back with me ,where he belongs. Loving Tributes fitted him in especially ,as Gaelynn knew how upset I was, and she personally returned him to me on Friday night.

PAMELA,I hope you are having a relaxing weekend after being so busy at work last week.You'll be looking forward to going to Bristol on Thursday. , but poor wee Skye is going to miss you.How was Thor last night ? Did you both enjoy it? I have seen the trailer here and it sure does look exciting. AND yes, I agree that it was weird that your "friend" from long ago wanted to come and stay with you. I think you did the right thing, Pamela, by saying no to her. It sounds as if she would be just using you, like she used your mum. It might have been very difficult to get rid of her again, once she got into your house.

SHELLEY, how lovely of Neil to leave you a gift in his will, but still, you deserve it and he must have been grateful to you and Howard. I know you didn't do it for any monetary reward, but it is always nice to have your kindness recognised. What a lovely man he must have been. I hope the ear drops for the pups are now coming to an end and poor Kwame isn't "screaming" quite so much now.

Well, I'm off now to take the cats out and then find something for tea - maybe soup tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily.

Good morning Dinky,

I am so glad you and your cousin are speaking again! That must be such a relieve for you. I hope you enjoyed your chat with her tonight. I do hope the people who moved your conservatory are happy to come and fix it! It certainly sounds as if they have caused teh leak!!

It has been beautiful weather here yesterday and today. We went out on teh bikes for a while yesterday and had a lovely lunch. When we got home though we got a call from the kennels as my MIL dog (the italian spinone pup) is in as they are away. The pup was rushed to the vet from the kennels yesterday with a suspected twisted stomach. We are the emergency contacts so we got the phone call. She has been operated on and has come through it but it turns out her middle gut is actually shutting down so they are trying to get it to start working again. Stevens mum is coming home today as they are only down south as my Father in law has a course that starts n Monday and has to stay so we are picking her up and taking her straight to the vet. Hopefully we get Loona home. The last 24hours were critical but when we dropped stuff at the vet, she was a wake and on her feet so we are hoping all is stull going well. We didnt get to see Thor last night because of having to deal with getting stuff sorted for Loona so we gave the tickets to Stevens sister. I went over to see my dad for a while last night as well which was nice. A lovely day turned into a bit of drama but as long as Loona is ok thats the main thing! Sorry for the story!!

Shelley how has your weekend been? I hope you are enjoying the nice weather! We are heading out early with the dogs to get them walked but its already 4 degrees here and going to et up to at least 22 degrees

Have a lovely day ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-07-2022, 02:54 PM   #3

Re: Sunday daily.

Hello ladies,
Been glorious weather this weekend, out sunbathing at the moment.
Well actually I'm now sat in the shade under our little lilac tree.
We were out very early with the dogs at the carboot, before it got too hot.
Back in time for church too, it was a confirmation service for 8 candidates.
Pamela I do hope Loona is going to be OK, good job you could help.
Dinky, so pleased you and your cousin are taking again, what a relief.
Glad Dickens is back with you.