Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
06-07-2022, 06:41 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley, Wednesday just after 5pm here and it's been a sunny day, although can't say I've enjoyed it much. I went down to the local library this morning and got out a couple of books, but just can't seem to settle to read, or do anything. I wander around the house looking at all the white cat fur on the carpet and wondering if any of it belongs to Dickens. I never handle these losses very well and I tend to sink into depression. Michele called round with a beautiful bunch of flowere from her and Lola, her black lab and that made me worse. The vet clinic must think I'm a nutter by now. Perhaps I am, I don't know. I just know I miss Dickens so much, it's unbearable, and I don't know what to do anymore.

I did manage to arrange a private individual cremation for my big boy at Loving Tributes for early next week and then he will come home to me. Gaelynn, the owner of Loving Tributes ,will pick him up from the vet, probably tomorrow. I could be present at the cremation, but I've decided not to be. I will remember him as he was - a beautiful big white fluffy cat with dazzling blue eyes. I'll post a tribute to him when I feel a bit better.

PAMELA, thank you for your beautiful email and kind words. They mean a lot to me.I will answer in a few days, when I stop crying.It sounds as if you've been working really hard these last few days. I'm hoping you will have today off so you can relax a bit. You and Mia seem to be having a lot of fun together It sounds as if Mia had a ball, doing her zoomies and eating chicken sausages. No wonder the poor girl was zonked when she got home. I'm glad you're taking up your guitar playing again. Lessons will be fun. I used to have guitar lessons many years ago ,but unfortunately my guitar got destroyed in one of our big quakes. I still play the piano and I sometimes play my electronic keyboard. The cats hate it !!! I hope Steven is enjoying being back at work and everything is going well for him.

SHELLEY, I suppose you're really busy at work too. No doubt you'll be finishing for the holidays soon and you'll be able to rest your foot a bit more. Thanks for sending me your email address. The three of us will be able to keep in touch now if anything does happen to Catsey (Heaven forbid).

Well ladies, I'm off now to take the cats outside for a bit of a run around, then pumpkin soup and toast for tea tonight.

Have a really good Wednesday, both of you and may the sun shine for you today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Oh my goodness Dinky,
I have just been catching up and I'm so shocked and sad about Dickens.
It's agonising when we lose our beloved ones, I'm so sorry and here if you need to talk.
Pamela, I'm glad you had a good time with your dad.
The vet saw Malaika and Kwame and thinks earmites or some other irritant has caused hyperpigmentation in her ears.
He said Kwame ears were dirty too.
Both dogs had a tablet and eardrops which they hate.
He thought some of kwames hearing may return if they were clean and more sound got in.
However we haven't noticed any difference.
Basenjis are drama queens and he's taken to screaming very loudly when we do his ears.
Take care ladies xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #3

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Forgot to answer your question Dinky.
For my 70's outfit I wore a joe browns maxi dress, blue with flowers, bell sleeves and bucket frill, long pink beads, Dr martins platform sandals and a black floppy hat with retro sun glasses.