Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
02-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #21

Re: Being Spayed!!

Awful seeing them like that and worrying isn't it
Abi had all internal dissolvable stitches, and all you could see on the outside was a 'line' where she had been cut! She never once tried to lick/scratch it! No collar, no painkillers and no check-up afterwards (unless of course you are worried)

Had the 2 youngest boys neutered on Monday too, both back to normal by Tuesday! Only cost £20 each too!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #22

I did ask about disolvable stitches, but our vet prefered the usual ones.Never again!! Will always make sure we get them if needed again.
Went back to the vet again for post-op and he said to take the collars off whilst we could be there to suppervise them and make sure they didn't pull the stitches out. What a difference it made, they were back to normal whithin a few minutes!!! great to see, felt so much better. They did lick their wounds but we made sure they didn't pull them. we put the collars back on overnight. Just got to be carefull and keep an eye on them!! So relieved!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #23

I'm glad they are better!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #24

Jut A Quick Update On My Two Villians. They Have Both "pulled" Out Their Stitches, And Beau's Wound Looks A Little Sore, So We Have Had To Put The Collar Back On Her Whilst It Heals A Bit. Joy's Wound Has Healed Very Well. I Am Going Back To The Vet On Thursday, So Hopefully , By Then, Beau's Wound Will Be Healed!!
Thanks Again For All Your Comments And Concerns, It's Great To Be Able To Share Your Worries.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggy's
05-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #25

Hi JMPARK Sorry to hear the stitches have been pulled out, how worrying for you hopefully it will heal very quickly. Your cats are stunning My Lottie is in tomorrow to be spayed, such an anxious time, I was on edge all day when Purdy was done. Luckily though we didn't have to use one of those collars and it healed lovelly by itself even though she did give it a sneaky lick now and then Hope all goes well at the vets on thursday.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
06-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Hi JMPARK Sorry to hear the stitches have been pulled out, how worrying for you hopefully it will heal very quickly. Your cats are stunning My Lottie is in tomorrow to be spayed, such an anxious time, I was on edge all day when Purdy was done. Luckily though we didn't have to use one of those collars and it healed lovelly by itself even though she did give it a sneaky lick now and then Hope all goes well at the vets on thursday.
Hi Moonbeam!
Hope all goes well with Lottie today at the vets. Beau's wound is healing alot better now, but they both really hate the collars. We have had to put them back on both of them, as Joy was starting to lick Beau's wound!! Hopefully we will be able to take them both off on Thursaday.
Good luck again for today!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #27

Glad to hear that Beau and Joy's wounds are now healing - they really are little (beautiful) monkeys, aren't they?

And good luck for Lottie today Moonbeam. I'll be thinking about you both.

Catsey Junior

06-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #28

Aw thanks JMPARK and angieh, we dropped her off at 8.30 this morning, I rang at 12.30 and she was next on the list to be done, so still waiting to hear how she is I can imagine the look on her face having to wait in the vets all morning though never mind, hopefully I will be able to collect her soon and give her lots of fuss Glad the wound is healing better JMPARK, I can imagine them scowling at you through the collars

Catsey Junior

06-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #29

Lottie's home! We picked her up at 3.30 and she's looking very sorry for herself. She had a bowl of food, a wee then zonked out and has slept ever since, it's lovelly having her back home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #30

Glad it went well Moonbeam. Sleep is the best thing for her, bless.