Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #21

Re: Cat being sick?

It could be the steroids upsetting his tummy Tanya. I was prescribed the same ones for my allergic reaction on Friday and only took one days' worth as they really didn't agree with me.

See how he goes for a few days and if nothing improves maybe the vet can offer an alternative that's gentler on Alfie's tum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #22

Which sensitivity food is he on Tanya? What is the protein source in it? I ask because I have a dog with IBD, the steriods help aleviate the symptoms but they dont cure the condition. We have had several sensitivity foods, 2 out of the 3 we tried didnt suit her and so her stools were still runny and or soft.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
14-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Which sensitivity food is he on Tanya? What is the protein source in it? I ask because I have a dog with IBD, the steriods help aleviate the symptoms but they dont cure the condition. We have had several sensitivity foods, 2 out of the 3 we tried didnt suit her and so her stools were still runny and or soft.
I have put him onto Royal Canin Sensitivity Prescription diet wet and dry food which is chicken and white fish. I tried this forst because my older cat already eats it due to his sensitive stomach.

Alfie's poops are still not as solid as they were.

If you can suggest another sensitivity food that you think may be better, please let me know.

Thank you.