Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
31-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #1

Jake has Urinary Tract Disease...

Hi,

This has been a really bad January, on the 19th we took Jake to the vets because he was having trouble weeing and he was meowing in pain. The vet said his bladder was really swollen and they needed to do somethin ASAP. They kept him in, took blood samples and urine samples, had him on a drip and put a catheter in.
I kept phoning the vets that day and my cousins fiancee works there so she kept me up to date as well.

They said his bloods were off the scale and he was in kidney failure when we brought him in. It was caused by a blockage in his penis (not crystals.)

Anyway 4 days later on Monday he came home and was doing well.

But on Saturday evening I noticed where Jake had been lying there was a wet patch and he was leaking. So took him to the vets and again his bladder was swollen and he's back on a drip and a catherer. He's doing well... Im just hoping when he comes home this time that its not going to happen again.

Ive searched the internet and read that they could operate and make his mans bits wider which will make male cats less likely of getting it again.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before?