Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #11

Re: Emergency drive to vets

Poor wee girlie. Hope she's feeling better soon. Good hearing Mindy has decided it's fun to snuggle up! What a change from the little girl she was when you first got her...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #12

Misty is much better today, she had a wee play this morning with Mindy, looked for food and knew when I appeared with her medication to try and avoid it we kept her in the warmth of the house today - much to her disappointment she was not allowed out in the conservatory with the other cats and utility room - none of which are heated. She has a lot to catch up with, weight being the main one.

We only allow the little ones access to the conservatory or utility room if we are out there ourselves as we feel at this age they are too young and little not to be supervised.

At the moment she thinks she is a big cat - she is sleeping on the top,of the cat stand - favoured spot

Thank you for asking about her folks x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #13

glad to hear that misty is feeling better. It must have been sucha worry with her reacting to the vacc that way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #14

Glad she's feeling more herself now; such a worry!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
29-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #15

Too right the vet was worried.. But no point trying to blame it on the manufacturer/supplier when you've got a very sick cat on your hands, ANY vaccination can affect an animal, it's a risk that ALL vets should make us all aware of, my Jazzy boy would be quite below parr after one. The vaccination can show side effects at any time within the 1st 3 months of the vaccination, with anything from a full blown reaction to a flu like lethargy. Jazzy always, always had the flu like lethargy. I've seen and heard enough of vaccinations to weigh it all up and decided they're not for my lot any more.
Dear little Misty, glad she's feeling much better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #16

Glad to hear Misty is better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
Too right the vet was worried.. But no point trying to blame it on the manufacturer/supplier when you've got a very sick cat on your hands, ANY vaccination can affect an animal, it's a risk that ALL vets should make us all aware of, my Jazzy boy would be quite below parr after one. The vaccination can show side effects at any time within the 1st 3 months of the vaccination, with anything from a full blown reaction to a flu like lethargy. Jazzy always, always had the flu like lethargy. I've seen and heard enough of vaccinations to weigh it all up and decided they're not for my lot any more.
Dear little Misty, glad she's feeling much better now.
It's not the vets fault - they can only use the drugs that are available on the Market.