Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #1

Emergency drive to vets

Ever since her Vaccs on Monday little Misty hasnt been 100%. Vet had warned us she maybe sleepy & off food for 24 hours. *

We were concerned last nite & really worried this morning, sleepy, crying if you touched her & not eating. *We were so worried we did an emergency trip to the vets & just as well we did

Misty's temperature was very high st 106! *Defo reaction to vaccination. Two injections & meds home for a week. Vet was very annoyed, said they were looking at a new manufacturer for the vaccs & would use it for her second jab in fortnight.

Shes such a tiny only weighs a few pounds. *For first time in two days, she *ate a wee bit when she came home & has been sleeping ever since.*

I hate those vaccinations. Drug companies are multimIllion dollar coporates yet they cant even get the vaccines right for these tiny *babies. Ok it doesnt affect them all but that is two of ours that are affected & two too many.*

Vet says they hate it to happen as it puts people off getting their pets done which is worse as then the pets have no protection

Its so unfair on these tiny defenceless little kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #2

Re: Emergency drive to vets

Oh I'm so sorry; poor little wee one, and poor you. You've had a really bad time with vaccinations. (((hugs))) all around, how is she now, sleeping?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #3

Poor babe. Good call taking her as soon as you realised some thing was not right. To have 2 cats affected like that is not some thing the vet can ignore, he should report it to the manufacturer/drug regulator.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #4

Poor little girlie. So sorry you've had such a bad reaction again. Glad you got her seen so quickly, and that they're going to get the manufacturer changed.

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Poor babe. Good call taking her as soon as you realised some thing was not right. To have 2 cats affected like that is not some thing the vet can ignore, he should report it to the manufacturer/drug regulator.
Vet phoned us this morning, they had been on to the Drug Rep. Vet feels that a vaccine that caused a temperature of 106 goes way over the norm. She was due back in fortnight but theyve deferred it for another week, let her get back to normal etc.

I dreaded Tim's booster guess it will be same with this wee one too

Overall i feel it just isnt good enough, it is we who are kerping these drug companies going & they cant even produce a safe vaccination

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #6

So sorry to hear this news Velvet. Healing vibes for wee Misty and for you too. Hope she picks up very soon. I hope your vet changes manufacturers and finds a safer alternative for all his clients and pets, great or small.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #7

Poor wee toot, hope she picks up again very soon. xxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: British Blue Shorthaired and
25-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #8

Im so sorry to hear your news about Misty, sending positive vibes that she feels better soon xxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
26-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #9

everything crossed here that misty gets better soon xx

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #10

Well she's still not eating much, still lethargic & all she wants is nursed. Something I am more than happy to do. Mindy has got the idea it's the thing to do & it is nice. Tonight I had two of them together on my knee. Lovely but just wish Misty was little brighter. Will see what tomorrow brings.

This tiny little kitten has stole a big chunk out of my heart already.