Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #11

Re: Lymphoma of Guts?

Sorry to hear about your kitties problems. My Bernie, who is aprox 10+ has a suspected lymphoma high in his abdomen. My vet said that this cannt be confirmed without a biopsy and that treatment for his supected lymphoma has a very poor success/prognosis rate.
We have decided NOT to put him through the stress of a biopsy, he is eating and toileting ok, his weight fluctuates a little and he has lost muscle tome in his chest, this is thought to be because of a secondary lymphoma but as I say he is bright and happy for now.

Cats owned: 4 Moggies
16-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #12

Thank you everyone.

Salem had surgery yesterday to take biopsies. I was so worried about the risk of the GA with his heart problem! He made it through the surgery and is doing well.

The surgeon said that his lymph nodes are not as large as they were expecting, and his pancreas is bumpy, both things that would point more towards IBD.

We won't know for sure until we get the biopsy results back later in the week, but she said she would be surprised if it was lymphoma.

I've recently switched Salem and the new cat family onto Tesco Finest. Unfortunately he has spent most of his life eating Whiskas and Felix, which I'm sure can't of helped!

Would sticking to a 40% meat cat food with extra fresh chicken or fish be enough to help him do you think? Or should I expect to be advised to try a radical diet change?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #13

If he has IBD or pancreatitis, I think a switch of food is the way forward but it may be a long road as you may have to find out exactly what he can and cannt tolerate.
My wee dog has IBD and almost a year on, she is still on steriods and prescription food, I am struggling to reduce the steriods to the doseage needed for her to undergo a blood test to check what her allergies are.