Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #31

Re: In today's paper - opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I don't think it is a "big debate" it is just something to discuss among cat people which is surely what the chat/debate sections are all about.
Yeah, I guess so.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #32

To me she just seemed like a normal angry person who is not used to expensive veterinary services, and was annoyed that a vet did not listen to the fact that she knew what was wrong with her cat. I thought her writing was irritatingly grumpy, but I could understand her annoyance.

Everyone is different, y'know? I feel lucky because my little village vet is a very capable man who listens and discusses things with me as he would an adult (as I first met him when I was a child).

But when it came to Tiger's inoperable tumour.. I was told to bring her back in, after spending a lot of money on various injections and consultations, when it seemed like "the time."

When it was, he said that if I wanted, he could give her another steroid injection and, if I could help her eat, she could live another week because despite her horrible state, she was happy. I didn't care about the cost, I thought that he was the most wonderful man alive at that moment, and I was in tears as I thanked him for giving me that extra week. He did it for me, not my pet, because he knew that I knew that Tiger was perfectly fine, all but for that dreadful tumour.

I would have paid countless funds every day if it meant that it kept Tiger alive, capable and happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #33

Thats a very touching story, Darky! Some vets do go above and beyond, don't they? When my Sultan was at the vets with what turned out to be an incurable fungal lung infection, I got a call on Sunday from th vet. The clinic was closed Sundays, but Sultan was fading, and he knew I'd want to be with him. He came in and opened the Clinic for me so I could be with him when he was relieved of his pain. I've never forgotten that kindness.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
01-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #34

It's fantastic to know that there are other wonderful vets out there. C:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
23-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #35

I think her comment about making gloves out of her cat's fur was horrible!

I mean, we had our old cat pts because she became ill, the vet saw her and thought the best course of action was to let her go. We buried her in the garden. We were ever so upset!

I think saying that sort of thing is just not on! Also why was she laughing at the condolescence card?

Just my personal opinion though!