Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #21

Re: Values and Christmas

I can only comment on my nieces and nephews, Katie is 15 now and Sophie and Jack will be 14 in Jan next year!!!
Katie wants for Christmas
Two pairs of jeans (she is 5ft8 and size10 and is still growing plus she has long legs)
Three T shirts.
Pair Boots.
Approx 4 books.....(thats my influence I think )
White Gold thin chain with a K on it. (from Nan and Grandad)
Hairdryer.
Perfume
Dressing gown
Portfolio file thing for her drawings.
Specific pencils for drawing.
Something for her camera she is into photography...big time.(from me)

Sophie wants
Thermal Socks.
Walking Boots.(to wear them in before Scotland)
Perfume
Waterproof coat.
Insulated sleeping bag.
Camera (instant point and shoot/water resistant)
Fluffy Pillows.
Tedddy Bear.(from Nan and Grandad)

Jack is difficult to buy for being Autistic, however he loves things that talk. Trampolines, pencils, drawing colouring, etc.

Taylor is 10 and wants
Makeup and dolls...inbetween age
Drawing paper
Pencils,
Paints,
Books.
DVD's

Lewis ( wants
Snow
Fishing rod
Football
Football goal net
Footaball Boots
England strip
Cricket Bat and stumps
Rugby Ball
A Hammer
4m wood and nails (not sure what hes making)
Basketball and Hoop
Remote Control Car.

Molly (6) wants
Barbie (anything)
Anything pink
Anything Fluffy
Proper baby and pram
Toy cooker and pans
Board games

Nothing electronic at all. But all stops for the game of charades and give us a clue. Christmas Eve. And new years day. And more thought goes into their "Christmas act" than anything else. That remids me I have to do something too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #22

When my children were small I was a full-time stay at home mum, so we didn't have much money but we had a lot of time together. My 2 loved to help make biscuits and home-made sweets for aunties/grans/godmothers/neighbours. We had great fun decorating the boxes and they were on the whole well-received. My son now has an extremely well-paid job and feels that he has to lavish very expensive presents on us all. I supppose it's his way of saying that he loves us but I can't seem to persuade him that we'd be just as happy with simple things.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
18-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #23

I'm in the middle with this lol because I'm 13 myself so yeah.

My parents aren't rich, far from it, most of the time we hardly have any money. I can't remember about what I got when I was younger, but it wasn't much and we were greatful for it, I doubt they ever spent over £80 on me when I was younger. In the past few years they have started spending more on me as I've got older and became greedier

I don't want to be greedy, and I'm not, but when my friends have had like £500 spent on them for christmas and another £300 for their birthday it's hard not to want everything you see.

I don't NEED anything. I have a DS which I love, a TV and DVD player in my room, mobile phone, my own computer etc..all of these were christmas or birthday presents though, my parents can't afford to just randomly decide to buy me a new £150 phone one day. I would like a new monitor (I have an old "big" one at the moment because my other one died), a new digital camera, a new mobile, a new mp3 player.....but, really, I need none of that. My monitor works fine, it's just big..the digital camera works fine, just a new one would be nice..my mobile and mp3 player work fine but are kind of old now. I don't know what to ask for for christmas, I think I will ask for a new camera. I am greatful for whatever I get though.

Anyway, no need to fret, my parents will probably get our presents a week before christmas Maybe a bit earlier lol they can't afford it anyway.

Also, my brother annoys me, he wants an xbox 360 for christmas and loads of games for it and my parents wont be able to afford that, yet he'll still ask for it