Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Burmese/BSH
22-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #1

I'm new but my cat isn't!!

Hello all, you may have already read this thead http://www.catsey.com/showthreaou d.php?t=39759
Well I would like to answer some of the questions raised.

It may seem a stupid question but unless theyve rolled in something obnoxious why would you want to bath a cat?
Why not? Could you bath your cat if he had rolled in something?

does she towel dry him after??
If I knew how to put up a pic of him wrapped in a towel, I would.

truthisouthere
LOL well done, I do think that's how he really feels!!

Anyway here's a new vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pYS...&feature=g-upl

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
22-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: I'm new but my cat isn't!!

Hiya, the link doesn't work x

Catsey Junior

22-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #3

Also hello and welcome x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4

Hi! No the link won't work for me either.

I've only once bathed a cat - years ago my dear Merlin came in with oily stuff all over his back. As a new cat owner then, I didn't know what to do and phoned our vet for advise. They advised rubbing his fur with Swarfega (I'm sure that wouldn't be recommended these days) and then washing him with a baby shampoo and rinsing everything out thoroughly. I called my mum who came round to help and we managed to get all the horrid stuff off him. He hated it of course, although he did purr when he was all clean and wrapped up in a towel.

People who show their cats I believe do bathe them to make sure their coat is in the best possible condition.

Otherwise for minor problems I would now use those really useful pet wipes.

Catsey Junior

22-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #5

I've only been a cat owner since November but I've never bathed any of mine.
I did have a poo related incident with Tinkerbelle (she has long hair and there was smelly stuff embedded and matted into her fur!) I showered her, she didn't scratch or anything but she certainly didn't enjoy, she meowed throughout. The only plus point was she napped for hours after, stretched out on my bed with electric blanket on full blast!

I've since had some excellent advice on here with suggestions of pet/baby wipes which I have now in stock. Also the next time is happens, if wipes don't suffice then I'll just shower her dirty bits rather than drenching her like I naively did in my panic and bid to clean her x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #6

Hi and welcome, a little confused about the title of this thread though, do you mean that your cat isnt new as you've had him/her a while or do we know this cat, as in a previous owner or something? Sorry, just threw me a bit.