Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #11

Re: Update Kits...

Must be very hard random because you are big-hearted but at least you can still be Bear's auntie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #12

You have to look on it as, you have given them a good start, got them used to all the things they were frightebned of, like the vac etc, and know they are going to a lovely home where they will be spoilt...Done my bit, now someone will love them for the rest of their lives......
I did dog rescue years ago, and learned then you cannot keep them all!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I refused to let them get close it would have been easy to open my heart to them but I locked part of it away when they came.........
One day Kazz, a little one will come along and creep into your heart like Dutch has done with me....!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #14

I am pleased all well with the wee guy.

I echo all said about fostering. I would love to do it. |We have the space and always someone around. I just know however I am too soft hearted and would never be able to let them go.

Am thinking about contacting CP in Autumn tho' to offer perm home in our massive barn for 2 or 3 rescued ferals. (who could become indoor/outdoor cats if they wanted)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #15

I could never do it either; would end up keeping them! My hat's off to those who can do it, though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
25-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #16

I've done handrearing and fostering in the past and it its so so hard to let them go I would have loved to have kept them all but as you say Moli, they all deserved their own special home and you just can't keep them all! It is especially hard when you've been up every 2 hours through the night, before their eyes are even open, you form such a bond with them.
Glad Dutch has found his appetite again now though!