Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
27-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #1

Billy

Billy's been returned to the homing centre. His fosterer took him back temporarily because Billy was getting really frustrated getting kept in a pen.

He needs "get a new home very soon" thoughts (and someone to go and take him home witht them - he gets on well with other cats)

He's been in the rescue centre for quite a while and is in urgent need of a new home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #2

Re: Billy

Whats his story? Why was he being kept in a pen?

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Whats his story? Why was he being kept in a pen?
He was found as a stray, the charity took him in.

He was (and now is again) being kept in a pen in the homing centre waiting for someone to take him home.

I'd take him if I could, but sadly I'm not sure Dylan would appreciate another male in the house If we could take on another cat it would have to be a female - Dylan's started getting a little territorial.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
He was found as a stray, the charity took him in.

He was (and now is again) being kept in a pen in the homing centre waiting for someone to take him home.

I'd take him if I could, but sadly I'm not sure Dylan would appreciate another male in the house If we could take on another cat it would have to be a female - Dylan's started getting a little territorial.

Not necessarily, I always had boys together. The boys often are more acepting than the girls. Eva is the first girl I have had and she's a nightmare

So why did the fosterer return him? Sorry i am confused by this coz you said he was returned because he was getting frustrated being kept in a pen...

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
[/b]

Not necessarily, I always had boys together. The boys often are more acepting than the girls. Eva is the first girl I have had and she's a nightmare

So why did the fosterer return him? Sorry i am confused by this coz you said he was returned because he was getting frustrated being kept in a pen...
He was kept in a pen to start with, the fosterer took him back because he was getting frustrated with being in a pen and started getting scratchy and bitey with us volunteers (he got rather overweight as well), now he's back in the homing centre for a second chance to get a new home.

Has that made it any clearer?

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #6

Ok gotcha now
When cats are with fosterers, do they have to be penned? Or can a fosterer let them have free run of the home or at least a room or two?
I understand them being penned at the rescue, just think I too would get frustrated at being penned 24/7 for such a long and indefinate time. Such a shame, poor boy.

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Ok gotcha now
When cats are with fosterers, do they have to be penned? Or can a fosterer let them have free run of the home or at least a room or two?
I understand them being penned at the rescue, just think I too would get frustrated at being penned 24/7 for such a long and indefinate time. Such a shame, poor boy.
I don't know about generally, but apparently Billy's fosterer had him in her shed for a few months before he was returned (couldn't let him have free run of the house - fostered another cat who fights with any cat he could get near, he's in the homing centre now as well - Bomber)

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
[/b]

I don't think Dylan would be accepting after today - he's started spraying in our home, not sure why yet. I'm keeping an eye on him to try to find the reason.