Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
01-01-2015, 01:49 AM   #1

Mija

Got some nice pictures of my girl today. She's now letting me pet her every time she comes to be fed.
Her eyes look kind of gunky but didn't have any runny discharge coming out of her eyes or nose. Should I be concerned for her?

Blending in:

She has really big whiskers. I don't think Katica's are this big.

She looks so much heftier in the winter:

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
01-01-2015, 02:09 AM   #2

Re: Mija

Lovely looking cat.

The eyes - I find some cats are better than others at using their feet to clean away those bits which we call 'eye biscuits'.

If the yes are fine and they're just dry crusty sleepy bits then it may be that she's just not bothering to groom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

Mija is a stunning looking Cat, well done for working with her.
Her eyes just look as if she hasn't bothered to clean them.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
01-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #4

What a beautiful cat and great pictures Timber. I wouldn't worry about her eyes, we call them peepies, no idea why. For outside cats they both look extremely healthy and chubbies. You are obviously looking after them really well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #5

She is very beautiful and her eyes look fine to me - eye boogies, we call them! I wonder if she was someone's pet, she doesn't look feral.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #6

She has her ear tipped Angie which is usually sign of TNR cat. Maybe she was in foster for a while & got used to people. Gorgeous wee face. If she trusts you maybe she will tame down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #7

She is a beauty isn't she!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #8

Mija is a beautiful looking girl and she looks to be the picture of health.It's great that you can now pet her too.She is obviously starting to trust you Timber.You're doing a great job with her.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
01-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I wonder if she was someone's pet, she doesn't look feral.
Hard to say Angieh. The girls have been around for just over a year, and that is what we have noticed. Who knows if they were hanging around before that and I just never caught on. It's a rural area around here and there is an abundance of feral cats. So sad to see so many at the sides of the road as you drive by and so many that get hit by cars.

I wish I could help them all, but there are too many. I know for a fact though, that if more were to show up at my place I would try my best to help them, but unfortunately this is the best I can do at the moment. When I start working, I am thinking about joining a feral cat rescue to help more if possible. Who knows what the future will hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
She has her ear tipped Angie which is usually sign of TNR cat. Maybe she was in foster for a while & got used to people. Gorgeous wee face. If she trusts you maybe she will tame down
Yes she and Katica were trapped and spayed earlier this year and were tipped(2014). I would love for her to be able to be tamed, but I don't have the appropriate space her to bring her inside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #10

keep doing what you are doing, better to help a few than none