Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #11

Re: Bought my first Grooming Brush - How to...?

You will not believe the amount of fur you remove the first time you use it!! We had a thread of pics of the biggest balls of fur...hilarious! Will see if I can find the link to it......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #12

FURminators are brilliant - I can't recommend them enough Let us know how you get on with it.

In the meantime the slicker brush should be fine - I do use one of those on mine too.

Have a groom with the slicker brush and then a groom with the FURminator when it arrives and you'll be amazed at the difference!!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
14-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #13

I am really excited about trying the furminator out - is that a wee bit pathetic?

When I stroke them, I always come away with a handful of hair as it is, and if they even sit down for a minute, they leave at least 10 behind, so I am prepared for a huge amount of hair Will be sure to take a photo too!

Almost a Veteran Member

14-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #14

Oh and I will still try the one I bought today as well, it will start the process off, and I can test the water for how they like being groomed in the first place... Comparing the two will be interesting!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #15

I have a furminator for my big boys, they are fantastic...

Almost a Veteran Member

14-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #16

I am already envisaging a room full of fur and two very shiny, soft, content purring cats

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I am already envisaging a room full of fur and two very shiny, soft, content purring cats
You may even be able to stuff some cushions!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #18

I save my late Winter combings to put out for the nesting birds...I had almost enough this year to make another cat!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

14-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #19

I'm just imagining two wee bald cats and a lovely couch full of big plump cushions :P

I tried them both tonight with the normal brush I bought from the petshop. Neither loved it, Darcy was happy to be distracted with a few treats and let me comb away but Minsky was having none of it. I got about two full combs full from Darcy, and now when i stroke him, no hair comes out and floats around! So I'll be very impressed if the FURminator can do better

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I'm just imagining two wee bald cats and a lovely couch full of big plump cushions :P

I tried them both tonight with the normal brush I bought from the petshop. Neither loved it, Darcy was happy to be distracted with a few treats and let me comb away but Minsky was having none of it. I got about two full combs full from Darcy, and now when i stroke him, no hair comes out and floats around! So I'll be very impressed if the FURminator can do better
Have a look at this thread Meep........ this is when we all got our Furminators and the results of 5 minutes grooming

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...s+Furmina tor