Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #51

Re: If I'm not around tomorrow evening

Oh ouch! A wrenched back is so painful; hope you've put some linement or a heating pad on it!! Do you suppose Eva asked her friend dear Merlin to do a wee spell for her..... anything to escape the claw clipping....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh ouch! A wrenched back is so painful; hope you've put some linement or a heating pad on it!! Do you suppose Eva asked her friend dear Merlin to do a wee spell for her..... anything to escape the claw clipping....
I think she has a direct hotline to Merlin and his spells

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #53

Are those grapes and lucozade still on offer coz I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #54

Virtual white seedless grapes and this month's Catnip newsletter are on the way! Naughty Eva!!! Dear Merlin is one powerful wizard; we had best stay on his good side......

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #55

Maybe I could persuade Merlin to put a spell on Eva to make clipping the claws on her front feets easier
Angie, how easy is it to win Merlin round if your human?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #56

Merlin has promised me on his honour that he would NEVER cast any spell that led to anyone suffering pain - not even to stop Eva from having her claws snipped. He had such a lovely soft look in his eyes when he told me that (well I knew he wouldn't anyway) that I know he's telling me the truth.

He said he would think about whether there is any way to make clipping her front claws easier, I expect you've tried a few drops of Back Rescue Remedy in her water bowl?

Sounds as if you could do with a few drops yourself Elaine! Hope you manage to get a reasonable night's sleep.

What were you thinking of intervening in a dog fight - I'm told a bucket of cold water is the only thing to use.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #57

I couldnt possible have thrown a bucket of cold water over the sofa . Besides Tally had eaten the bucket .
I just reacted coz it idnt look like they were gonna stop and they are big dogs, so I grabbe one by the collar and put her out of the room until they had both calmd down.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Merlin has promised me on his honour that he would NEVER cast any spell that led to anyone suffering pain - not even to stop Eva from having her claws snipped. He had such a lovely soft look in his eyes when he told me that (well I knew he wouldn't anyway) that I know he's telling me the truth.

He said he would think about whether there is any way to make clipping her front claws easier, I expect you've tried a few drops of Back Rescue Remedy in her water bowl?

Sounds as if you could do with a few drops yourself Elaine! Hope you manage to get a reasonable night's sleep.

What were you thinking of intervening in a dog fight - I'm told a bucket of cold water is the only thing to use.
But sometimes you act before you think! My Siamese got into a fight in my back garden with a strange tom; I knew better but acted instinctively and grabbed him.....ended up in the ER getting a stitch and a rabies shot! Had the scar for years!

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #59

Oh dear god, I bet that was painful. I'd probably have done the same thing.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #60

Whoops, I mis-spoke! It was a tetanus shot! The rabies shot was years ago when the dog bit me,,,,and hurt like hell! But it was just the first of the series: police located the dog and it was current on its shots....