Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #11

Re: Dandruff?

Tanya mentioned talcum powder in her post. I use sterilised talc on some of my Persians that I show. It is used to help seperate the individual hairs and lift the coat giving it plenty of volume.

Hope this clears this up for you Tanya.

Cats owned: stray cats (3)
02-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #12

Re: Dandruff?

Hey,

This may come as a surprise to you, but cat dandruff is very common. It's a condition where your cat develops excessive dry itchy dead skin. Not fun at all!

But, fortunately ,there are a few things that can be done to help your cat:

1. Give your cat a bath, with cats shampoo, of course, not human's. Do that every few months.
2. Weight lose program - if your cat suffers from overweight, you need to pay attention to how much she is eating.
3. Don't let her stay out in the sun too long - not all body parts are covered with fur, and these parts, when they are exposed to the sun, can make your cat's skin very dry.
4. Fireplace can also make a cat's fur very dry, because of the heat.
5. Lack of fatty acids and water content in the cat's diet - it's important to buy your cat high quality food, and you can add small amounts of Tuna for Omega3 (not too much).

Hope my information was helpful

If you need, you can read more information on my web: http://cats-zone.com/blog/