Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #1

Posh's poodle paws

Hi!
Since we brought Posh back from the vets after her New Year incident she's been grooming her legs where they shaved her for the IV drip.She had to have three legs shaved and a small area of her throat. How long will it take for the hair to grow back. She's keeping the area clean but is unwilling for me to go anywhere near her legs or belly to brush her. I can comb/brush her face, back and tail but she gets fidgety when I try to get underneath her.

I don't want her to get matted, esp her downy belly fur.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #2

Re: Posh's poodle paws

I can't really answer; I never particularly timed it, but when my girls were spayed the fur where they'd been shaved grew back fairly quickly. Hopefully some of the other members can give you a better estimate...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #3

Thanks for your answer, dandysmom
Posh has started to sprout new growth of soft fur on her little legs and beneath her chin again. Its a pity that se has to be shaved once more when she goes thru her spay op which has yet to be arranged. She's having 1st vacc on Monday and a check up for the system after the lilies episode. Also, she's getting used to being gently groomed again and being handled since her vet experience. As a stray she hadn't had any contact with medics before I guess, so I'm a bit concerned with the way she'll be when we have to take her for the vaccs and spaying. We'll have to regain her trust all over again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
29-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #4

Most Persians aren't that keen on being brushed underneath as that area is more sensitive. You just have to be firm but gentle with her and keep on top of it. The hair regrowth shouldn't take too long. If you need any help/advice please pm me. I will try and help I have had a bit of experience with Persians as I own 11 of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #5

The fur seems to take forever to start growing and then all of a sudden it's all back!

I too would say keep up the tummy brushing routine, even if it's only for 30 seconds a day. It's about getting Posh used to being upsidedown and being brushed. Once she tollerates it you can extend the brushing times bit by bit.