Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #21

Re: How often do you bathe your cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine

Love it and stealing it

We have the consumate poet and artist Mr Ian Dury to blame for coining the phrase Claggy Waggy (I cannot take credit for it ).

He, in his typical way, used it in a far more un-PC manner

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
09-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #22

I have only ever bathed a cat once.
When he was young Bobby fell in the pond. Well, actually that is not quite an accurate, Bobby pounced on a leaf that was in the pond (he never was the brainiest of cats bless him). Long haired cats, blanket weed and canadian pond weed really don't make a good combination, so there was only one thing for it. I filled the sink with warm water, put Bobby in it................................. and lived to tell the tale (just!)

When Bobby became older I resorted to trimming his bloomers to avoid dangleberries as I didn't fancy ever trying to bath him again

Cats owned: Black DLH
30-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #23

I've only ever bathed a cat once years ago when one of them got creosote in his fur. It was a nightmare and not something I wish to repeat unless necessary.

Having said that, Cadbury was surprisingly cooperative when he needed cleaning up after he ate something that didn't agree with him (eeewww!)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
30-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #24

Quando has a bath before each show and as when in between - he is an angel to bath - standing in a bath of water while I pour water over him and purrs when I do the shampooing!

He's not keen on the blowdrying though that helps set his curls

I have never attempted it with Pousse but she could do with one at the mo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #25

Hardly ever. They'd have to be in a right state before i'd risk my life getting my lot in a bath!

In the whole 14 years we had Tabs she probably had about 5 baths and then they were only because she was absolutely manky!

Most muck will just brush out and then be cleaned by themselves but they don't really go out on their own, occasionally Tucker does go into the garden, and Jen too, but then she is not my responsibility.

The rest stay in unless out on a harness so they don't really get too bad. And I don't show so no need really!

Cats owned: stray cats (3)
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #26

Hey,
I hardely ever wash my cats, only if they are really filthy, which doesn't happen very often because all three of them are indoor cats.

Cats are known as animals who groom themselves daily and that way they are always clean.
If your cat is an indoor cat and she is grooming,I don't see a reason to give her a beth, maximum clean her with some pre-moistened towellette.

Hope I was able to help. Anyway, you can read some more in this link:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #27

Hi - I find that with my long-haired cats, if they have an unfortunate tummy >> bum incident (i.e., poo stuck to them) they I would rather wash it off in the shower then have my 2 small boys trail across surfaces that has shared rank kitty poo.

I don't habitually wash my cats - but if I were showing them then I would have to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #28

I have only ever washed Merlin once - when he was a kitten and got oily stuff, presumably from under a car, all over his back. Didn't want him trying to lick that off.

Once, again when he was a kitten, he fell in the bath. I was in it at the time and it was hot! Poor lambkin - I jumped out of the bath with him and wrapped him up in a towel and dried him off. He was so good and I got lots of purrrrrs. But that was it. No routine washing here.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #29

I bathe Fiorella every 7 weeks..she loves it. She's a Bengal and they love water!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
09-05-2008, 09:37 AM   #30

I have bathed Betula twice and she didnt mind, she likes water but on her terms, not me scrubbing her with smelly shampoo!! haha