Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #31

Re: I think the babys may be on the way!!!!! yay

If that's the case then can we please stop condoning these indescriminate breedings by ooh and ahhing, help and support is one thing, encouraging and letting people think that it's OK and very cute is entirely another.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggie
16-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
In the best of all possible worlds, everyone would have their cat spayed at the right moment and there would be no unplanned pregnancies at all. Having said that though, there are times and places to voice these thoughts and opinions and when a cat is about to have or having or just had her kits is not the time to do it IMO.

emmz knows all this anyway and she was asking for help with her cat - please can we just give help where it is requested and leave the discussions about the rights and wrongs for another time, otherwise no-one will want to ask again.

I am sorry emmz if you've been upset.
Your probably right. Its just a pity nobody listens before or after the event,
Cynical old me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #33

I too have picked up the pieces of these accidental matings....Many of my foster kittens, have just been dumped, one litter in a garden....poor little mites happily made it and went to good homes, it saddens me also when there are so many of accidental litters....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
16-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic
Seriously Trick I don't see what your problem is if you were to be put through the exact same situation I bet you would do the same as emmz has done.
So don't be so rude to people and think about there feelings and what's going on before you comment.
And yes it is about the cat going through it but the cat WAS getting spayed as she said but the cat got out and was gone 5 days and got pregnant it's not as if she planned it all out and that she wanted it to happen!
You have really upset her from your last post. I'm sorry that I have to be like this but you really shouldn't be so rude and upset people like this.
Then in my opinion, ANY responsible owner would of had the Cat spayed straight away, as being mated was very highly likely.

Oh, and I wouldnt of done the same, I would of made sure my unspayed cat was safe.

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Then in my opinion, ANY responsible owner would of had the Cat spayed straight away, as being mated was very highly likely.

Oh, and I wouldnt of done the same, I would of made sure my unspayed cat was safe.
Exactly.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white , and a torty/ta
16-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #36

right im fed up of all this now! i only wanted some help, well i dont think i am going to come on this site anymore. as soon as i found out my cat was pregnant i found homes for 5 kittens so i knew that they would be ok.
This is ment to be a web site that helps people.
I have done the very best for my cats and they are happy healthy cats.i am not happy withsome people that have nasty opinions, they should keep it to yourself.
my cat is happy and healthy with 4 fantastic babies and all there new owners are still happy to have them.we are keeping one andYES THEY WILL BE SPAYED ASAP IF THATS OK WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

16-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #37

This forum does help people. It is a forum where people care passionately about cats/animals and especially thier wellfare and well being.
The opinions expressed are not nasty but honest and come largely from seeing the results of all too many "accidental" matings.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #38

Those of us who are involved to a greater or lesser extent see the less 'fluffy' side I'm afraid. Too many cats and kittens are needlessly destroyed because homes are taken up with 'small ad cat offers'.

I'm sure that your situation is genuine, and I applaud your coming for help here (believe me we're not attacking but trying to help - honest), but those at the pointy end of rehoming and rescuing see so many horror stories that it's hard for them to be sympathetic to acts of carelessness - and being brutal about it, this is what we are talking about here.

I hope you do spay your cat asap to prevent further surprise litters. I'm not going to judge you but you must surely be aware of the over-burdening of rescues with cats and kittens at this time, especially as people are using the excuse of 'credit crunch' to get rid of their pets - responsibly or otherwise

Cats owned: Moggie
17-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #39

This is a shocking way to "educate" people! I think that we all know that breeding when there are huge numbers of kittens and cats in shelters is not good, and that's putting it mildly. By replying to people in this manner, the hackles go up and people will just shut off and leave. I don't believe that this is what you intend, and that you have good intentions, but believe me it does feel like a personal attack. By doing this you are chasing people off who may need urgent advice. I understand that some of you see dreadful things happening to cats and kittens, maybe rather than replying as you have above, you should share some of these experiences you've had that most of us couldn't begin to understand or believe, this would be a much better lesson. People looking in at the forum wanting help with their problems will see what happens here when someone does something that you don't like or agree with, they will go possibly not getting the help they desperately need and things can go wrong and end in more suffering.

This surely defeats the purpose of this site.

Remember I agree that with all that you're saying, I just don't agree with the way that you're trying to get your message across.

Debbie
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
17-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #40

It angers people that some folk come on here KNOWING they have pregnant animals and have done NOTHING to get the help they may require before they are born, but find time to trawl the internet right as they are due in an attempt to gloat and call on others for advice, when they should of been totally prepared by now.

Closed Thread