Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
18-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #31

Re: Raven has Kidney failure :(

Thankyou both. Just done something very hard. I have a fleece blanket and during sunday night while my OH stayed up on the sofa with him, Raven spent most of those hours on that blanket and the sofa cushion that he used to curl up on the most. the fleece blanket had been that way since sunday and we have just fixed the sofa and moved the blanket and cried the whole time doing it. It seems so silly because apart from when i was using the blanket and Raven would curl up on me, he hardly ever slept on it. Its Rhino that is obsessed with it, but it was still so hard disturbing one of the last places that he ever rested

My OH is just making me some soup now so im about to take the next hard step of having a meal in this room. im sure a few tears are going to end up in that bowl with the soup. Since losing Raven i cant bare to be left alone for fear of succumbing to utter despair, ive also developed a great dislike for darkness, which i think is because it was night time when we got the phone call. my OH keeps reminding me that Raven loved it in the dark, but its just making me so sad right now.

I thought id got through this day quite well to this point, but i knew none of these things were going to be easy and it has only been a few days. its just the days have been a blur so far.

We actually had to de flea the cats earlier(Hernie and Rhino have to have their boosters on saturday-we cant even put it off because it is already overdue and only a couple of weeks from needing to be restarted but next saturday is the anniversary of my Dads death so we cant leave it until then ) We only ever really deflea the cats now when they are going to vets because of them being indoor cats and hating the process. Raven hated it most of all and i had to pratically sit on him any time it needed doing because he would fly away and hide where we couldnt get him otherwise. im sure that memory is going to make us laugh many times over in the future, but right now i just wish that he could have been causing us trouble this afternoon over it and maybe giving me a brand new scratch.

The others boys are just being so good though. We know Raven is still with us because of them, sometimes they look as though they are looking for him and it breaks our hearts, but other times we know they can see him and it is so comforting. AJ is his brother and when Raven had to stay at the vets on friday he was very down and subdued. We stayed out all day monday at my moms when Raven was at the vets because we knew we would spend the whole day worrying if we went home, and when we went home after seeing Raven, AJ didnt put in a proper appearance until after we had received that phone call. Since then he has been looking a little lost sometimes, but mostly hes ok and that must mean that Raven is still around musnt it? because if he wasnt i think all three boys would be as depressed as we are now.

We do feel him here with us, we know he would never truely leave us because he is our soul mate. Its just that one heart wrenching thought that keeps creeping back into your mind any time you try to tell yourself that-we are never going to get to cuddle and hold and stroke and hear him again that is what is too hard to take. We just want him back so badly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #32

Your other three cats will be confused that their companion is no longer with them. They'll get used to it much quicker than you can - but you can find huge comfort in them now. My cat Merlin saw me through some rough times, losing both my parents - he was so comforting and never told me to pull myself together. When he went I was unsure about having another cat, but it took about 3 weeks before our house wasn't a home without a cat. Luckily for us, Kizzy came along and she really helped me get over the worst of my grief for Merlin. You already have three little comforters right there waiting to help you. You all need each other right now. Give them all a hug from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #33

Words of wisdom from Angie, cannot improve on them. Raven would be unhappy to see you so terribly depressed; please do take what comfort you can from your others, and do try to eat. Life will go on, and you are needed by the cats and your OH. More (((hugs)))

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
19-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
You already have three little comforters right there waiting to help you. You all need each other right now. Give them all a hug from me.
Thats such a lovely way of putting it. Myself and my OH have both said that we dont know what we would have done without the other three, it is definately our boys and Ravens spirit in each and every one of them that is getting us through this without us falling into complete dispair. It would have been so easy not to get up on tuesday morning after finally going asleep monday night, so easy to not do anything and not take care of ourselves, but every day has brought something for us to do-tuesday we needed to say goodbye to Raven, yesterday we needed to collect his fur clippings and speak with the vet. but mostly ive wanted to get up each morning because i dont want to spend a moment more then needed away from my babies. I hope that i dream of Raven every single night when i close my eyes, and i take comfort in the fact that i know hes still here, even now he is helping us through the most devestating time of our lives. We see him in every one of the other boys-its so strange because they have all taken up some of his unique traits, even if they have only done them as a one off, the fact that they never done these certain things before just proves hes with us. We are taking alot longer to do things, we have other animals but they all live in cages that obviously need cleaning and today is clean out day. we got up with the intention of getting them done, but up to this point have sat talking about Raven. I dont see that as a bad thing, im glad that we are talking about him so much and that he is constantly on our minds. We may be taking longer to get things done this week, but atleast we are doing them. We have both suffered with depression in the past for far lesser reasons then this and that has caused us to put things on hold, but this week i feel like he is driving us on, telling us not to give up even now.

We hadnt hoovered since sunday and we didnt want to because we kept thinking that we would be hoovering him away. we made ourselves do it today because we remembered that Raven loved it to be nice and clean. We have a rug in our living room(on laminate flooring) that he would come down and stretch right out on after it had been hoovered, and it was that thought that made us do it and we feel better having done so because it feels like hes here more now, we can imagine him stretching out on that clean rug, rather then avoiding a dirty one! i guess we just have to try and stop ourselves from adding so much attachment to things, when the biggest thing he is living on inside of, is us and our boys.

Its just hard not to, i have been sleeping with a fleecey top that we had used to let him lie on the last few days and then covered him with during his last night with us. even though he had never gone near that top before, i just need something close to me that i know was close to him in the end. it seems so silly but i know you will all understand that here. its the same with the windows needing cleaning, there are lots of nose smudge marks and paw prints on our windows and i wont be able to clean those off for a while i think. i keep telling myself that he is most alive in the boys, but i still cant bring myself to clean away marks he could have left.

We bought a little notebook and pen yesterday because we fully intend on writing down every single memory we think of about him, we never want to forget a thing about him so this is our way of making sure that doesnt happen. that even the silliest of memories can be recalled.

Its helping me so much to talk about him with all of you, with people that truely understand how we are feeling, either because you have all gone through this same pain(and im so so sorry to those that have, i really would not wish this on anyone) or even those that have never lost their babies but like me, could never have imagined how it would feel or even want to imagine it because they know how much it would hurt. thankyou all again x

I just need him so badly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #35

What an excellent idea that is, writing down the memories! That should help you very much in the grieving process, JB. They will always be precious to you; it is so hard losing a beloved very special cat. The sorrow will always be there ... I keep getting a bit weepy even now writing about mine who are gone and have been for a long time ... but it won't ever be as raw as it is now in the early days. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #36

Yes, writing memories down is a very good way of focussing. I've been getting some photos together for a little memorial for Merlin on the first anniversary of his death next week. I've been quite sad, but some of the funny things he did have made me smile and remember all the happy times we had.

Every day, step by step JB. Please give your other friends another cuddle from me.