Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #11

Re: Raven has Kidney failure :(

I had a friend with a cat who had CRF; up until the point where I lost contact with her (4 years) he was still going strong with medication that was managed weekly.

My Mum's cat has CRF, again Tanya is being medicated, although Mum's a daft old bird who won't be told that sneaking non-prescription food on a regular basis will do the cat no good

I haven't personally experienced renal failure in a cat myself, but hopefully if Raven can be got through this sudden, acute phase and can be stabilised he might also live for several more years with careful monitoring and medication.

I hope with all my heart that he can continue to have quality time with you and your OH for a while yet . . . much love to you all and to Raven himself.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #12

Thinking of you and Raven, I hope he pulls through...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
16-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #13

hoping that Raven is holding his own... take care xox

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
16-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #14

I dont want to make this post but the longer i leave it the harder it will be. The vet rang us at 10.10pm last night to tell us that Raven had passed on The pain is only comparable to that of losing my Dad four years ago. Ive lost so many animals in the last 8 years, but this pain is just unbareable. Im finding it hard to look at the other kitties, but i know we have to keep going for them and for Raven. Its just that he was soul mate, i just dont know how im going to get through this without him. I feel like a part of me died last night too.Our only comfort is that he is still here, the other cats have let us know that. I knew he would never truely leave us.

We just wish we could have been there at the end, but the vet was with him and he promised me last night that it was very peaceful and he wasnt in pain. Im glad he wasnt alone in those last moments, but i know he went the way he wanted to and him coming home to us the weekend was his way of saying goodbye.

We are leaving to go and say a final goodbye to Raven shortly, we know his spirit is already with us but its just something we feel we need to do.

I shall do an obit for my boy when im strong enough. Thankyou all once again for being there for us and Raven, so many people have been so kind these last few days and it has meant the world to us at a time when it feels like we cant go on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #15

I am so very sorry JB. Raven has touched many hearts here on Catsey. RIP brave boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #16

Yes, Raven was a very special boy here. I can't begin to imagine how heartbroken you are. May Raven watch over you, your OH and the other kitties and I hope you are able to come to terms with your loss in time.

Love and hugs.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #17

I'm so very sorry, we'll always remember Raven....

RIP brave boy ..... x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #18

I;m so very sorry. He was a wonderful boy, well loved, always remembered. RIP Raven, free from pain, sleep well. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #19

Oh JB, I am so terribly sorry, I really thought he was gonna get through the critical stage. So very very sorry xxx
R.I.P. Raven, play hard at the bridge xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #20

So sorry for your loss.