Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #21

Re: Just had Mustard to the vet, not good news.

Hi, thanks for asking.

I'm taking Mustard back tomorrow, because the vet who saw him last time was on a half day, he is booked in for tomorrow night. Mustard is no different, I don't think, but it is hard to tell because he drools a lot due to his condition. I got some puppy pads for him, which are placed next to the litter trays, and they seem to be a success. He often doesn't manage to get into the litter tray, although the wee lad does try, at least it is much easier to clean up now.

I took Spice in this morning, and she has been given a steroid injection, something they wanted to avoid because, she too, has a heart murmer. She goes back on Wednesday for her accupuncture, and the vet can re- assess then. It was a bit embarrassing when I was telling the vet how worried I was because she would only eat chicken, hand fed- and it turns out she's put on a bit of weight.

I then had to take Karly rat in in the afternoon because I noticed one of her front teeth was very long, she also has a mammary lump I wanted checked. She got her teeth trimmed, and has to be re-examined next week and assessed for an op to remove the lump- a bit of a worry because she is 2.

Fluffy is back in tomorrow too, her eyes are really gunky and she's still a bit snottery. She has had 3 betamox injections, so I just want to check if she needs to get anymore.

God knows when I'll find time to get Snowy rabbit in for his dental and Candy for her booster, annual bloods and dental check- it will be a sedation job unless the vet wants to lose a hand.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #22

Hope Mustard is getting better, puppypads sound a good idea.
No wonder Spice has put on weight, she's a lucky Cat being handfed Chicken
Hope Karly can have her lump safely removed if neccessary.
Last but not least i hope Fluffy goes on ok tomorrow.
It sounds like animal hospital at your house Louise

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
01-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #23

Your one special lady Louise looking after your poorly family.
Thinking of you all.Hugs to you all.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 6 Moggy's
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #24

Sending lots of love and hugs to you all xxxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #25

Very best of luck for tomorrow, I hope Mustard feels better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #26

Oh bless, so many worries...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #27

Thinking of you and your tribe today farthing. Hope all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #28

Just back from the vet with Mustard and the vet is really pleased with him, his lungs are much better.

He is now on Frusemide and Fortekor for life, as well as his steriod tablet every other day.

Didn't get Fluffy to the vet because the bloomin car wouldn't go into first gear, and I didn't want to drive it- so I will get her in tomorrow evening, Fluffy was coming to work with me, whereas Mustard was going to the main branch so I could cuddle him while Mike drove ( he gets very stressed stuck in the carrier and messes himself).

Mike is working from home tomorrow because we have Smudge and Spice in for their acupuncture in the morning and then Fluffy will go in the evening.

Still very worried about Spice, she has not eaten much today at all and I had hoped the steriod would stimulate her appetite. I will get her rechecked tomorrow, in the meantime I will give her a vit B injection and the vet has given me an antihistamine tablet because that should stimulate her appetite as well.

I'm going to have tea and re-write my tablet list, because it is getting very confusing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #29

Glad the vets pleased with Mustard.
How have you gone on with Fluffy and Spice?

Catsey Veteran

05-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #30

We are still quite worried about Fluffy and Spice.

Fluffy appears to have an infection of some sort and has been given a long acting antibiotic, we also have to apply eye drops. Her heart is still racing so it looks like she may not be responding to the vidalta. We may have to try felimazole again, because she was never really given a chance with it by the previous vet. If that fails she will have to have a thyroidectomy, which to be honest, I'm not that keen on.

Spice is still not eating much, although she is eating something. She has had another steroid injection and cerenia injections, to try and help with any dizziness present. I still think her teeth are a problem, and her head tilt is still as bad. I am very concerned about her, but at least she is eating, we discovered tesco's had some hi-life petite pate and she is managing to take it quite well, and loves the cat milk.

Candy went in today for her annual vaccine, blood test and dental check. The vet phone to say she had a lot of plaque, so she's had her teeth done too- clean bill of health for her, which is great because she has IBD.