Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #51

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

I hope Pebbles continues to improve....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I hope Pebbles continues to improve....
Me too!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #53

She is still struggling walking on the bed, but seems fine walking from the bedroom to the bathroom, so I am still swaying towards ringing the vets tomorrow to book her in for x-rays, as she was like that before the pin was taken out, and I dont think it is normal.

Almost a Veteran Member

01-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #54

Well, I am either talking to the locum vet, asking to see the locum vet tomorrow night, or arranging for her to have x-rays on Wed, as she has just wandered into the cat room and struggled cos it is bare floorboards, combined with still struggling with the stairs and bed seems to indicate that she still has a weakness in that back leg, and in which case she isn't any better off than before having the op, which is making me wonder if the pin was the only issue. Esp as the locum vet thought that it felt dislocated. Surely a pin can't do that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
01-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #55

The pin may have contributed? Hard to tell. She's soldiering on despite the problems, so "wringing" some suggestions out of the vet sounds like the thing to do. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some vet-side clairvoyance.
<hug>

Almost a Veteran Member

01-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #56

Cheers - typical that my vet is off this week, as is hte vet who operated on her, so she will have to see a vet that she hasn't seen before (another one to add to the list!!). I could deal with the vet saying that she will have long term weakness in that leg, as long as she looks at the x-rays first. I thought the weak leg looked odd on the x-ray, but neither vet seemed concerned. There is a bone near the top of her tail that feels odd, but it could just be cos her fur normally hides it. I also need to know where we stand with outdoor access, as she did wnat to go out yesterday, but hasn't bothered today. And I doubt she will be happy being a fully indoor only cat, and she wasn't happy on the lead.

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #57

Hopefully the locum will be a good vet who looks at all the evidence and finds a reasonable plan. I'm also happier with "It's there to stay" results, if I can see where they are coming from.

Almost a Veteran Member

02-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #58

Grr!! The locum vet has looked at her history, and the notes from the op, but it doens't give her any clues, so says I have to see her if I am worried - she hasn't even spoken to me. I am reluctant to do that as she wont be able to do x-rays if I make an app tomorrow, and if she does want to do x-rays I will then have to take her to the other branch on Thurs, so as it isnt' bothering her, I think I am best off waiting till next week when both the vet who did the op and my normal vet are back - she has had this weakness in her leg all the time i have had her, but we didn't know before the other weekend that she had a pin in it!! I am debating whether to continue keeping her in one room to rest, but she feels up to walking around the house and up and down teh stairs, so might get worse if I confine her (and she hates being handled)

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #59

That sounds like the best option for both of you. I'd keep her out of any place I thought might be too much for her, rather than confining her, since she's quite happy to pootle about but you know better than I what works.

Almost a Veteran Member

02-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #60

Don't think I mentioned, but the receptionist said I could try contacting the on call vets surgery, and talking to someone there. I did, and the vet rang back. SAdly I was having a chat with my neighbour, but the message said that he had got hold of the vet who did the op, and wants a chat with me to see what my concerns are and where we should go. Which is what I wanted from my locum vet, as it is easier to get her there, but she seemed unwilling to talk to me, just got the receptionist to leave me a message.so, will be ringfing him at 9 sharp!!