Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
28-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #41

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

Cheers. If there is no more noticeable improvement by tomorrow night, I am going to start desparing though, as her op was last SAt teatime - I know that things with nerves can take a while to settle down, but the op shouldn't have caused nerve damage, it was nowhere near the nerve. So, they are assuming that the damage is due to swelling - which I can no longer feel. So, am hoping that the swelling has done down (when I spoke to the vet yesterday, he did say he hoped that there would have been some improvement) and it is just a bit weak, if not, she will have to be booked in for more x-rays - prob Wed at the earliest. And the vet that does her nose is going on maternity leave soon, so no idea what is going to happen with that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #42

Good luck BT. Hoping for improvement tomorrow x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #43

Poor Pebbles, poor you! Am sending good vibes; please let us know the latest (((hugs)))

Almost a Veteran Member

29-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #44

Well, it is still slightly turning when she walks on it, but still seems better than it did last weekend. She is back to eating her normal cat food (hours before I went and bought her some different food!!), and I even found her on the stairs earlier, so she is walking on it more (although she hasn't moved off the bed this afternoon!!). So, am feeling a lot more positive, although if she has the slightest bit of turning/limping on Tues she will be booked in for x-rays just to check that there isn't anything else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #45

Cats! I'm glad she's getting better. And better safe than sorry with the x-ray.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #46

Well, it is only turning very slightly outwards, and she is trying to do normal things like attack my hand under the duvet and scratch her ear - she has lost her balance 3 times though, so might learn that it isn't fully strong enough yet. She has taken herself into the cat room to sit on the windowsill in there, as it gets more sun than my room at this time of the morning, so have left her there. Today and tomorrow will be a big test, as the vet said to have her on Metacam for 7 days, and the 7th day was yesterday, so she has no more meds to take, so fingers crossed it doesn't flare back up again.
By the way, does anyone know how long dissolving stitches take to dissolve, I forgot to ask both vets - they have been in for 7 days now.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #47

She is seeming a lot like her old self - she has come downstairs twice (and used the tray and water bowl that is down there, despite there being 2 of each upstairs!!), and even sat at the door, so I put her on the extendable lead and let her have 2 mins outside - she was starting to get annoyed by the lead then, so I carried her in. Sometimes when I look at her walking, you wouldn't suspect anything, other times, you can see a limp and a slight turnout of that leg. It is 8 days since her op, and am glad that it is seeming so much better. She is still going upstairs funny, but she has always done that, so not that big an issue. Just so relieved, but don't want her having full outdoor access just yet. So it is looking like she wont have to go back to the vets this week, I am sure she will be incredibly pleased!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #48

That's wonderful news BT! Hope Pebbles continues to improve x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #49

I hope the positive news continues.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
01-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #50

If she has the strength to get annoyed at the lead, she must be feeling better. Good!