Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #11

Re: Im scared!

my old job used to take me into alot of nursing homes,and i found that on the whole they where nice places,bright and interesting for the residents,always something going on for them to do,and visitors always encoraged,my thoughts are with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
19-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #12

Try not to worry too much Janey. It is the best for your Grandad. Thinking of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
19-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #13

Update!

Hi all, thanx for your kind words. Its good news for my grandad. He was totally exhausted from doing everything for my nan and him. So he went into a home for a week in Huyton! My dad said the people were nice and friendly. As the days went on my grandad started to hate it and said its awful in there. (He just wanted to get home!)
He came out last Friday and is staying with my auntie, until we can get a carer for them both. He seems back to his old self.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #14

Jane - I happy your Grandad has had some respite but also that he's back where he feels best; at home with your Nan. I'm sure nursing homes are very nice, friendly and caring but I would not be able to put my Mum into a nursing home . . . I just couldn't.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #15

Sounds like the rest was just what he needed Jane Hope things go well from now on x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-12-2005, 02:02 AM   #16

Glad your Grandad is feeling better for his rest. It must have been very hard for him at his age looking after your Nan. Once you can get a carer for them both life will be more relaxing.