Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 X Shorthair non pedigrees
14-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #1

Hi, newbie from South wales..

Hello all,

I'm Lea, I'm mum to my 2 little angels, Rocky our 8 yr old labrador x & our newest family members our 4 kittens, Sooty, Benny, Dizzy, Socks & their mum Lucky. We live in South Wales, love lots of cuddles & playing with toy mice & balls. Hope to see you all around the site soon. Love the pics of your pets.

L

Lucky

Benny

Dizzy

Sooty

Socks

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #2

Re: Hi, newbie from South wales..

Hello Lea, welcome to Catsey

Looking forward to hearing more about your pets....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #3

Welcome! What a mad brood you have there, quite a handful by the looks of it . . . are they rescues seeing as it's a mum and kits?

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
14-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

Welcome!

Sorry to read your sad story about Socks....

Catsey Junior

14-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Welcome!

Sorry to read your sad story about Socks....
Thanks, I miss her every day. It's getting easier now, I thought I was never going to stop crying. It took a good 6 months to even be able to look at a cat again without crying, I broke my heart on the year anniversary 2nd May & even though I hid it from my children, my daughter went quiet 4th May & cried a lot saying she misses Socks & why did she have to die?, she knew even though we'd hidden it from her. I decided July that I was ready to love a cat again & started looking. Hence we came home our 4 kittens & mum.

Catsey Junior

14-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Welcome! What a mad brood you have there, quite a handful by the looks of it . . . are they rescues seeing as it's a mum and kits?
Kind of yes, I was looking for a black & white cat & came across some stunning older cats that needed a home. I was going to drive to Blackpool to pick up a 7 yr old female who was lovely, but family talked me out of calling them as it was too far a drive. There were a few stunning older cats , but they were all in England & even though I was willing to make the drive to give them a loving home, my family told me I was mad & to look closer to home.

My son wanted a kitten for his 7th birthday so I started searching online, in the papers & local shops noticeboards. I came across 4 kittens, 2 black, & 2 black & white which were perfect for our family of 4 so I phoned praying that they had all 4 still as the ad was a week old. They did, but a lady was going to be looking at them the next day in the evening. I was very naughty & said I wanted all 4. She was reluctant as she had the other lady interested too. They offered me the mum instead. I arranged to go up the next morning to have a look. We went up & met the lady who they belonged to & her mum where they were being kept.

The owner told us cats are evil & was ducking as the kittens ran past her over the sofa. I said we'll take them all off your hands, the mum too. Lucky is tiny as you can see in her pic, she's not even 1 yr old herself yet (probably is now) & I went straight to her & said we'll have her, she's stunning! She was hiding behind the sofa & we took ages to catch her. The 4 kittens were running everywhere playing & fighting, over the sofas, across the dining room, even up the walls (yes, like a spider, claws in the wallpaper & up they go). They were wild! They had terriers scratching at & barking behind a door to another room, the cat was terrified plainly to see. The owner was totally happy with us taking all 5, but her mum felt awful as the other lady was supposed to be going up that evening. They really had no idea though if she was going to show up as she had not left her number with them or contacted them that day. I felt bad too as I was taking away this ladys chance of having one of the litter, but how could we possibly choose 1 to leave behind? It just was not possible. So away we came with our little ferrel family & were looking forward to giving them a happy home. They took a while to stop hiding & clawing if we tried to pick them up, but all now are the most loveable friendly kitties you would ever meet. They are little gems & we love them dearly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #7

Awww - what a great story!! It sounds like it was meant to be. Poor little Lucky, so small herself to be having kittens. Good job she's landed on her feet with you and your family!

Catsey Junior

14-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #8

I was worried as we've had them since 4th July & she was not coming round to us, still running from us when we walked towards her. We had to literally grab her by the scruff whilst she was biting us to get a cuddle, she was not settling well with us adults even though she adores our 2 children & my son can do anything with her.

She's spayed, fully vaccinated, wormed & de flea'd now so was able to go back outside for the 1st time in her new home area. We let her out 3 days ago & what a difference!! She is now the most loveable cat ever, a total turn around as she is free now to come & go as she pleases. She rolls around on her back, rubs around our legs for a fuss & miaws at us now.

She is so much happier, strange that she goes out for 5 mins, comes back in, then goes out again about 15 mins later for 5 mins then back in, on & on etc.. She's a funny little queen. So glad she's finally come round, she's a little sweetheart! I'll have to try & take some pics of her running through the grass in the field behind us & rolling about on her back in our back garden for you to see. Will post as soon as I manage to get some lovely pics.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #9

Hello from Kizzy, Pip and me! I am so glad that you have taken mum and kittens in and that they have all finally settled so well. Lovely to hear their story.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
15-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight
Thanks, I miss her every day. It's getting easier now, I thought I was never going to stop crying. It took a good 6 months to even be able to look at a cat again without crying, I broke my heart on the year anniversary 2nd May & even though I hid it from my children, my daughter went quiet 4th May & cried a lot saying she misses Socks & why did she have to die?, she knew even though we'd hidden it from her. I decided July that I was ready to love a cat again & started looking. Hence we came home our 4 kittens & mum.
My Gem was pts last August, and am only now coping...
Non-animal people don't realise how devastating it is...
x