Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
27-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #21

Re: Cat Insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
If you think thats bad i was depositing money in the bank on Friday (cheque) & the cashier demanded in an abrupt tone "where did you get this money from, what is the source". Normally im lost for words but something rattled immediately & fixing her with an equally abrupt glare i replied "why". Still
dont think it was any of her business. She could have said nicely "look sorry i have to ask you this, but what is the source of this cheque" she inisted i made appt to see manager to discuss investment! Yeah well i did make appt but wont be investing with them - it will be invested in another car

You cant even sell a car & deposit (or attempt to) the money in the bank without an inquisition - i give up!
My bank did that with me a while ago so I told them I had an independent financial adviser. Lol, they rang me up a week later to check. It amuses me that the banks pay little or no Interest yet still expect us to trustingly hand over hard earned cash.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
27-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
My bank did that with me a while ago so I told them I had an independent financial adviser. Lol, they rang me up a week later to check. It amuses me that the banks pay little or no Interest yet still expect us to trustingly hand over hard earned cash.
Brilliant answer, wish i had thought of that one!

Have you decided what you are going to do re the insurance?

Catsey Junior

27-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Brilliant answer, wish i had thought of that one!

Have you decided what you are going to do re the insurance?
Not yet, I'm torn between staying where I am (I hate change now) or M&S but I have a feeling that M&S aren't as good as they say they are but they will pay for an out of Hours vet - if they are contacted first.

There's reams of small print for them all & confusing. I tend to lean to any I know more about.

I have my home contents Insurance with Rias but their pet insurance prices are a joke.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #24

Both my cats are with PetPlan, but there is a newish company that my vet is now recommending, having previously recommended PetPlan (!) called VetSure - Monty is now insured with them. Not sure how they compare for cat insurance though.

http://www.vetsure.com/

Catsey Junior

27-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Both my cats are with PetPlan, but there is a newish company that my vet is now recommending, having previously recommended PetPlan (!) called VetSure - Monty is now insured with them. Not sure how they compare for cat insurance though.

http://www.vetsure.com/
Thank you Angieh, I had a look but the vet I use isn't on their list so I couldn't proceed. I may live to far North.

Catsey Junior

30-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #26

I have decided to stay with Sainsbury's, They all seem to be higher priced now & there's not much between them. They offered & I have accepted £30, in vouchers. They are no good to me but my eldest granddaughter has two children so I shall send them on to her, when I get them in 60 days time.

Thanks to everyone for your posts. It really helps to 'talk things over'.