Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #11

Re: 3 "MUST READ" Please!

Okay, here goes. I have rather eclectic tastes, so I apologise in advance lol. I'm afraid that I'm not much into classics as I find the language too heavy and difficult to get round. As long as I enjoy a book and I can remember it well then that's what I class as a really good read!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Ok, I know it's a kids book really but having read the previous ones and queuing up at midnight to buy it I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations. However I thought it was the best of the lot and have read it over and over since then

A child called It - Probably not most peoples idea of a good read, but one book I shall never forget.

Anne of GreenGables - Lol, I know it's another childrens book. But I fell in love with this as a child and the feisty young miss remained forever in my heart.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #12

I love Terry Pratchett too Elaine - looking forward to seeing the Colour of Magic over Easter. I've only actually read The Wee Free Men, but I've listened to several on the radio and I usually have to play it again coz I've missed bits where I've been laughing too much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I love Terry Pratchett too Elaine - looking forward to seeing the Colour of Magic over Easter. I've only actually read The Wee Free Men, but I've listened to several on the radio and I usually have to play it again coz I've missed bits where I've been laughing too much.
I forgot about the Wee Free Men, I loved that book. I really love all the ones that feature Death and the witches. I highly recomend Soul Music, Guards Guards and Equal Rites.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Okay, here goes. I have rather eclectic tastes, so I apologise in advance lol. I'm afraid that I'm not much into classics as I find the language too heavy and difficult to get round. As long as I enjoy a book and I can remember it well then that's what I class as a really good read!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Ok, I know it's a kids book really but having read the previous ones and queuing up at midnight to buy it I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations. However I thought it was the best of the lot and have read it over and over since then

A child called It - Probably not most peoples idea of a good read, but one book I shall never forget.

Anne of GreenGables - Lol, I know it's another childrens book. But I fell in love with this as a child and the feisty young miss remained forever in my heart.
Well if we are talking about books from childhood can I choose Hairy Mclairy? I know it by heart!

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #15

oooh Hairy Mclairy. Love those!!!!

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I forgot about the Wee Free Men, I loved that book. I really love all the ones that feature Death and the witches. I highly recomend Soul Music, Guards Guards and Equal Rites.
I listened to Guards Guards on the radio. Thought it was great. Death has a wonderfully deep voice, like treacle. I love the idea of L space too and the orang-utan as Librarian.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73

Oh Alex, I loved that and the others in the series so very much...could we maybe have a thread about our favorite childhood books, I wonder? Although actually my "Kim" choice would belong there.....

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #18

right, you start it then Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #19

Good idea dandysmom - d'you want to start it off?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
13-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #20

Papillion, Henri Charriere
Maob is my washpot, stephen Fry
Catcher in the rye, J. D. Salinger