Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #11

Re: Sherbert Fountain Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Hello everyone- I'm steeling myself to go and clean out a wheelie bin (shudder) it must be done!
I was looking for a disinfectant to use but having read one the packaging of one that is was harmful to bees and an another that it was harmful to Cats I am just going to use Ecover and elbow grease.

Hope you have fun at the fair Shelley and hope you find a dog Pamela
Euuuggh I did the recycling boxes the other day. Yukky job but much better once done. Very much a pat on the back for yourself job. I must admit I use boiling water and bicarb, then the hose pipe and rinse it down.

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
"Turned out nice again" to quote George Formby

Just finished cleaning the car out, after we took Poppy out yesterday the floor and seats were covered in white dog hair! messy pup!

Got a load of washing in and hope we get enough breeze to blow them dry this afternoon.

Bird count today Pandora 1 Nette 1 ; little bird saved from her clutches and returned to bushes. Pandora was red carded and sent to the bedroom to think on!
You need to use the naughty step- or simply give in
I must admit I am with you on the dog hairs in the car although I have now come up with the make believe leather look seat covers from argos I then can wipe them clean.
Does having the dog make you want one? and did you enjoy the walk? Oh yes I am on washing line of washing number 4 today (washing all A. Brenda's clothing and bedding, and disposing of worn out/wrong sized now)

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon folks! We are making wild plum jam today, got it all stoned and brewing atm; jars ready. We've managed to use up most of the home grown wild plums, giving bags to friends and neighbours, just about half a bag left now. Still plenty on the tree, but mostly high up, so the birds are welcome to help themselves. Hope the jam will be tastier than last year's ... we've added orange, lemon and sultanas this time.

Good luck on the dolly trip, Shelley; hope your OH's dad finds the perfect companion, Pamela; yuk! wheelie bin cleaning, CS. I bought a spray sanitizer for mine, doesn't have much of a smell but does seem to neutralise the bin smell; you've been busy PP .. what do you use to get pet fur off the car seat? And BAD CAT Pandy, well done Nette ace bird-rescuer, hope the little bird was OK.

Have a good Sunday folks.
Your jam sounds lovely.............never really been a jam person but the descriptions always call to me.

There could be heavy showers over here later but not sure.

I have taken Mom over to see A.Brenda and brought back another load of washing and now we are just about to have roast beef and all the trimmings.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I thought although I could be wrong I often am but I thought your OH's parents already had dog(s) I thought one was a G-S called Ben? anyhow what sort of dog is he looking for? and I look forward to the update.
They do kazz, its Stevens mum and stepdad that have the shepherds.

Its stevens dad who is looking for a wee terrier type dog like a westie or a cairn. He didnt see any today so will need to keep looking

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
They do kazz, its Stevens mum and stepdad that have the shepherds.

Its stevens dad who is looking for a wee terrier type dog like a westie or a cairn. He didnt see any today so will need to keep looking
Ah ha I am usually wrong and hesitated to type my post given you do springer rescue is there not a cairn or westie rescue?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #16

They are based down south so not accessible for oh dad as he can't drive at the moment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #17

Quote:
You need to use the naughty step- or simply give in
…...
Does having the dog make you want one? and did you enjoy the walk? Oh yes I am on washing line of washing number 4 today (washing all A. Brenda's clothing and bedding, and disposing of worn out/wrong sized now)
Oh no Kazz, I don't want another dog, as much as I love them. I will look after Poppy and also Daisy-may, my friend's dog who I'll be getting for a holiday with us in August, but I won't have another for us. I don't want the commitment with Ceri the way he is, I've been blessed with 2 beautiful dogs in my life, they are waiting for me on the other side xx.

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Oh no Kazz, I don't want another dog, as much as I love them. I will look after Poppy and also Daisy-may, my friend's dog who I'll be getting for a holiday with us in August, but I won't have another for us. I don't want the commitment with Ceri the way he is, I've been blessed with 2 beautiful dogs in my life, they are waiting for me on the other side xx.
What a lovely way to have dogs enter into your lives, and also how nice that people have the trust to leave their dogs with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Your jam sounds lovely.............never really been a jam person but the descriptions always call to me.

There could be heavy showers over here later but not sure.

I have taken Mom over to see A.Brenda and brought back another load of washing and now we are just about to have roast beef and all the trimmings.
My dear, YOU are meant to be recuperating!

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
My dear, YOU are meant to be recuperating!
I know but when I say "I have done I mean the washing machine."