Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Wednesday

Morning folks!

Yes......it's raining here.. I really can't get any enthusiasm up about our holiday next week, I suppose it's a break away though. We're staying in a new apartment which opened this year so I am looking forward to seeing what that's like.

Usual house jobs to do today and hope I can get outside later to empty some more containers where the flowers have been ruined by the rain.

Hope you have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Wednesday

Not raining in Kent, but it is cold today - and quite breezy.

At work and have just been told that all my overtime (I work on Saturdays which is extra) has been stopped due to the property market being so rubbish.

Another step closer to redundancy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #3

Oh Donna. I hope it picks up soon. Mags, I know what you mean about not looking forward to your hols. I was in the siutation a month ago

Today I'm off to a meeting in the City of London with a prospective client; copywriting of a bit educationa;/training website. I'm a bit all over the place as idiot neighbours came back and make a hell of a racket in the front garden at 2am which woke me up and resulted in me not getting back to sleep until nearly 5.30am

The only bonus was that I could cuddle with Myshka who was sleeping on my pillow and Balie who was curled up against my legs Even Fifi came in and squeaked a bit and sat and looked at me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #4

Horrid morning weather-wise here - gloomy, very windy and we have had some very heavy rain squalls.

Some more clearing of our bedroom today and getting curtains up in the room we are moving into. Also have to sort out a load of old paint cans (why did we keep them in the first place?) that have really got nothing in them. Make a decision about new paint and who knows - go and buy it?

I was promised two lots of transcription this week, neither of which have arrived yet. Bet you anything they come at the same time with incredibly tight deadline - sometimes I swear steam comes out of my ears while I'm typing!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #5

Morning all, overcast here but not raining at the moment. My van is getting its sign today, had nightmares about it last night that they put the wrong sign on it Just waiting for them to call me and tell me when i can pick it up.
Got to walk Zeke this afternoon, I think my sister and Holly are coming with us. Its nice to have some human company now and again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #6

AQfternoon Ladies, its windy, and sunny here, quite warm too....
I have taken son to work, his car is sick, got to pick him up at 5, time now for dog walking, and like you Mags, empty some of my tubs, they are ruined with the wind and rain too....
Have a lovely afternoon everyone...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #7

Doing big summer clean this week - I hate this annual job, but pleased when all done. Terrible weather here again, rain, rain and more rain. It wasn't raining this morning so I have a line of washing out. Oh, isn't this weather depressing. It's going to be a long winter <<sigh>>

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #8

Our weather continues nice; partly sunny and still cooler than normal, 25C. With a chance of rain this afternoon; we need some, and you all have too much...Leia amazed me yesterday when my visitors were here; she normally vanishes when strangers come, but she sat out on the porch and watched us and actually let Cathy pet her! I guess shes mellowing with age! Had a lovely dinner out, a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Angie: why do we keep old paint cans.....???
Mags, Moli: that is such a shame about the rain ruining your lovely plants; they were so stunning.
Donna: sad news about your O/T
Elaine: pics of the van????

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
13-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #9

Hi all,
Hope to see you all soon in Games, Jokes and Funnies! Just got in from work so I'm going to quickly grab something to eat then on to the quiz!
L x