Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
17-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #1

Amber is officially a pain in the behind!!!

It's official! My cat is officially the most annoying animal ever so she has taken to sleeping on my bed recently which I have no objection to, OH does because she has a habit of laying between his legs so he can't move in the night but that is besides the point!

She normally goes out at about 3 in the morning so this morning OH got up to go to the loo, and shut the door when he came back in. Was just dozing off when I heard 'scratch scratch scratch' at the door...typical! So I get up to let her in and leave the doog ajar so she can go out if she wants. Then she starts flying around the bedroom with her toy mouse in tow, getting into absolutely everything and making as much noise as possible. Manages to shut the door somehow, then 15 minutes later when mummy is just dozing off again, she sits at the bedroom door meowing her head off because she wants to get out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #2

Re: Amber is officially a pain in the behind!!!

Don't you just love them!!

Try living with 4 Meezers I have had to start and confine them to a room at night because no-body in this house gets any sleep if they have free run of the house

Catsey Senior

17-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Don't you just love them!!

Try living with 4 Meezers I have had to start and confine them to a room at night because no-body in this house gets any sleep if they have free run of the house
I tried confining her to the kitchen once because she took to tearing round the house in the middle of the night waking everyone up. Got her a lovely new bed and everything. She sat there crying the whole night for a week straight! I just gave up in the end

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #4

Sometime when you have the time to listen to a long story, PM me about the time I put in a bedroom air conditioner and my Siamese! Talk about sleepless!

Catsey Senior

17-05-2007, 11:53 PM   #5

Give us a laugh I am intrigued now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #6

OK, it's a long one, and sort of dull, unless you lived thru it. I'd always slept with a big window exhaust fan, but decided to get an A/C. The noise was different and kept me awake for hours; finally beginning to drop off about 1 am when my Siamese realized the bedroom door was now shut and let out a godawful Siamese wail to go out! Let him out, lay sleepless still, just about drifting off about 2:30 am when he howled again that he wanted back in! Let him in. Finally slept about about 3:30 am; pretty wasted in the morning. Next day...exactly same scenario..can't sleep, cat out, cat in, really dead tired next morning, dragged to work and tried to look productive. Day three: same thing...at about 1:30 am, got up, disconnected A/C. put fan back in window, opened bedroom door so cat had entrance/egress at will, fell back to bed and asleep by the time my head hit the pillow! I might have gotten used to the strange noise of th A/C, but never the noise Su-Ling was making wanting out/in! He would have wakened the dead!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
18-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #7

Aww bless, Cats dont you just love them !................YES x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
18-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #8

Just like simon could sleep this morning so decided to make a cup of tea and lay on the sofa. Simon decided to chase guinness who jumped over me followed by Simon who landed on my head with claws out. Simon then decided to chase all the others so i put him and kay in the kitchen but he started to cry so i let him out. He finaly calmed down and went to sleep about 3 hours later. Thats cats for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #9

Never a dull moment

When we had C-Fur and Purrdie as kitens they used to zoom about the house, up and down stairs at god forbidden hours Then sleep most of the day

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
18-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #10

LOl muine get the midnight madness bug too definately a cat thing to drive us humans mental lol