Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
23-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #41

Re: Winston

Oh Elaine, I hope it doesn't come to that yet Fingers are crossed here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Elaine I so sorry to read this (but you know that) I will wait and see what hapens tomorrow. I can't say I know how you feel - but I know how I felt and wish I could do something to prevent you from feeling the same. And this may be hard to accept at this point and harder to write (because I know what its like) but remember he is your cat, and he relies on you. (but you know that too)

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I swear one of the worst sentences in the World is... "IS an OLD cat"... people should be banned from stringing those 4 words together because the meaning behind those four innocent words breaks your damned heart doesn't it my friend. I think this is the worst of times and the best of times.

Please please take care Karen
Oh god Karen that really brought on the water works Had to go take a moment there. Thankyou for your lovely words of kindness and support.
Thanks to every one.
The battle may not be lost yet but I do have to think long and hard about how much I am prepared to put him through and my own selfishness for wanting him to live forever.
Will see what tomorrow brings because Winston has a knack of looking and behaving like he is on deaths door and then bounces back triumphantly.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #43

Daft souls aren't we? we get upset while the cats sleep through it all we forget something they have no concept of "whats to come" they only live in the present - that they are warm, comfortable, fed, secure and loved.

Anyhow take care and all the best is wished for you. This may not be the easiest of times but I guarantee you will surprise youself at how strong you can be - when you need to be.

Thinking of you, oh Cleo would be too if she'd stay awake long enough that is Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #44

Christ you two!!! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face!! I hope Winston does perk up soon Elaine, he is a fighter and a lovely one at that You will both be in my thoughts hugs to you both xxxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #45

Hugs to you Elaine (and Kazz).
I'm very sad for you (and worried for myself - Tizzie is drinking gallons!)
Deep breath, arm round shoulder "If the only reason for being alive is not being dead, that is no reason at all"
I really really hope it's not that time yet, but we're none of us immortal. Look after your kits now, as you have done all their lives, and put their best interests first.
Hugs and sniffs xxxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #46

How is Winston today Elaine? I have fingers crossed there has been some improvement overnight x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #47

There is a little improvement in respect that he is more alert but he is not eating or drinking much so the vet wants him in tonight for fluids and an xray. Finally managed to get a urine sample this morning. He was in and out of his litter box all evening but produced nothing then at 2 am I hear him in the box again so got up and he had done a poo. Hear him again at 5 am and this time I got the sample. Have kind of been sleeping with one ear and one eye open all night so am pretty knackered.
Will let you know more later after I get home from the vets.
Thankyou again for all your words of kindness and support for the old boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-03-2006, 01:10 PM   #48

Glad you managed to get the sample Elaine. Hope all goes well at the vets tonight for Winston. Fingers and toes crossed here for him x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #49

Hope all goes well at the vets tonight Elaine......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #50

Thinking of you