Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #1

Doc visited me today!!!!

Phoned the surgery today, no appointments (what a surprise) anyway I said i needed a doc. I therefor needed a home visit. The reply was cant you come to the surgery? I said unless you want me there in my dressing gown, possibly. With that she said "are you the one with the bad back"?) I explained for the last few days I have been needing to see a doc. She then told me one would phone me back. (finally getting some where)
Well no call back! The doc came to the house . He put me through my paces i can tell you .
My left leg has 3 per cent resistance and right 8 per cent. I told him it's been like that since a week past tues. He was not amused. He is going to have a word saying if I need a doc then I have to get an appointment. Oh and I have no reflexes in my left leg!
He gave me a pethadine injection and a prescription for Derek to collect. He is coming back in a week (sooner if I need him) for a review. If there is no sugnificant change Ill be getting refered to the nuro surgeons again....oops.
Please send me kind thoughts because the way things are going were going to have to sell up and get a house all on one level (at the very worst).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #2

Re: Doc visited me today!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Please send me kind thoughts because the way things are going were going to have to sell up and get a house all on one level (at the very worst).
Tons of kind thoughts Jac
(and maybe the single level property is the best idea................stairs are really not good for skeletal problems.)

Glad the surgery has, at last , decided to look after you properly.

Take care x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #3

Oh thanks DH.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #4

SO glad you're getting somehwere JAC. You had pethidin and are stilla wake? Lol, makes me sleep for about 4 hours lol. but I guess you msut be in so much pain you really need it a lot!

hope it all goes well for you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #5

Jac - all my best wishes for you and this horrible pain and hoping it diminshes really soon. As DM says - maybe running up and down stairs all the time is exacerbating the problem and a single storey house would be a better idea?

Lots of hugs and good thoughts . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #6

Glad you got to see a doctor Jac. Hope he is going to help you now. Make sure he does!! A ground floor flat or bungalow sounds ideal to me with your back problems, but hopefully you will make a good recovery.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #7

{{{Hugs Jac}}}

Glad you got somewhere with that surgery of yours at last...take care and get some rest!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #8

So Pleased you are feeling a bit better Jac, just make sure you take it easy do nothing!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #9

Must be soo very frustrating for you. I hope you feel better soon. Lots and lots of well wishes xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #10

Ohhh poor you, maybe a bungalow would be better for you, less strain and stress on your back with no stairs, I feel for you.........so kind thoughts coming your way.....kind thoughts....kind thoughts.....kind thoughts.....

Please take care Karen