Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
07-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #11

Re: Good vibes needed please

Fingers and paws crossed here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #12

How did Pebbles get on? Hope everything went ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #13

How did it go BT? Hope all is well with Pebbles x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #14

Hope Pebbles is ok?
Any news?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
08-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #15

Sorry, didn't end up getting on the internet, had to talk it through with someone. Not 100% sure what to think about what the vet said. Although in between being put in the carrier and the vet seeing her, she had pulled the scab off so it looked worse. She said she thinks it looks bigger than when she saw it in August, and she thought she only had one scab, and she had at least 2 on her nose last night. She also thinks her nose looks inflamed (and looking at it after we got home and this morning, I am tempted to agree with her). The vet said that 'if' it is anything serious, there isn't much that can be done with where it is and that tumours in that area tend to be aggressive anyway. So, all that we can do is really monitor it, and if it irritates her or gets scabbier, there is some cream, possibly called Fuciderm that she can prescribe - she is going to order some and I am up next week, so will pick it up then. The vet also didn't think she looked that well in herself, and I thought she was still looking thin in her back end, but she is maintaining her weight - she was 3.94 on the 28/12 and 3.95 last night, so am going to carry on feeding her as much as she wants, and might start giving her a/d once a week as well - she is up next month for the weight clinic, and might drop them down to every 6 weeks just to make sure it is monitored. I have thought of another 2 questions for the vet, but she is on half day today, so might not get chance to speak to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #16

I'm sorry to hear this, you must be worried sick. At least you are doing all you can and it sounds like your vet is on the ball. Please let us know how things go. (((((((((((())))))))) hugs to you both

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #17

Fuciderm is a great cream - I use it for the unusual and mysterious sore that occasionally appears on Darcy's head. I hope it does the trick and that it's just an allergic reaction or something equally benign.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Pebbles . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #18

Aww give Pebbles a big hug from me. Keep us updated on her weight etc and let us know how you are getting on x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #19

Cheers for the good wishes, I just wish the vet could have said one way or another really. When I checked my diary last night, I did notice that she got scratch on her nose from a foster at the end of Jan last year, but if it is that, it means it has never healed, and that doesn't sound too good either. Will try and speak to the vet about it though. She has always been a sickly cat though, and the vet made the people who were rehoming her do an FIV/FeLV test because she thought there was something underlying - that came back negative, and she had blood tests done in August (was supposed to just be a kidney function test, but the vet didn't like the way she looked, so she suggested a full blood test - think it showed a high white cell count, will check that out with her too) - she has also always had a weight issue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
08-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #20

I hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about.