Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #1

Power Cuts

Power Cuts

I hope nobody has had one. Our electric went off at around 2.30 this afternoon. It only came on about 10mins ago. So we have had to put the cats in the bedroom epart from kado so they where safe. OH went in the kitchen and kicked over the food dishes then a full bowl of there water. Its hard when its pitched black trying to wipe water up and i was trying not too laugh. I then tried to use the phone and its totaly blown even the one in the bedroom as well so it looks like a new one in the morning. Well i hope its less windy tomorrow for everyone and everybody has a good weekend.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #2

Re: Power Cuts

How awful. Jane! I hate power cuts; they're frequent enough that I keep candles, batteries, flashlights and an oil lamp handy! Cooking by candlelight isn't particularly romantic!! Glad you're back on line now.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your power cut Jane - I see you're in Yorkshire. Can you tell yet whether it was a widespread cut or fairly local? Glad you are online at least and hope your OH doesn't have wet socks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #4

We didn't have any, but I know several villages and towns on the outskirts of Reading and into North Hampshire had some black outs Thursday and yesterday. Not nice. Glad it's back on now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #5

We had a power cut while I was at work on Thursday, lasted about an hour, got so cold in that time though. Glad you have your electric back on now. How is your weather in Yorkshire? We woke up to some snow this morning, but most of it has gone now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #6

Oh dear, glad you have your power back on now.
Incidentally does any one remember the yearly power cuts of old? Any time some body mentions power cut I get a faint smell of parafin heaters and candles.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #7

I remember having regular power cuts years ago so we always keep a supply of candles 'just in case' ..........it is years since we've had one now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #8

I remember them well sitting by the coal fire eating boiled sweets that my brother brougt me from work. I was thinking about it after it happend do any of you remember when it was. We used to have have the estate blacked out at a time then it was our turn.