Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Friday

Morning all, after a wet start, the sun is shining here at the minute. Still very breezy out though. Just getting ready to take Bliss' kitts for their second vaccinations. Other than that not much planned for today. Tom had to be at school for 8am this morning and school is at the other side of town! as he is going on a trip to the Landrover factory, should be interesting

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Friday

Morning Fran, morning all. It's cold outside but I left the fire burning overnight so the house is really toasty! Think the plans to visit Monkey World will go on hold to a warmer day. We have a Mozart event in the church tonight. Hope they put the heating on! Quite looking forward to that, and hope it will stay dry so we can walk there and back and maybe call in at the Crown for a nightcap on the way back.
Stay warm everyone, stay safe if you're travelling, and have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #3

Bright, sunny and cold here today. Balie has gone for his dental op so I'm sitting here a bit worried and hoping he'll be OK.

Iwas quite sick overnight, not sure whether it was food, a dodgy bottle of wine or a bug, or the strong antibiotics maybe. Still feeling fragile and very headachey today.

I think I've managed to secure an upright piano via freecycle, it's about 100 years old and dark wood . . . hopefully we can get it in my brother's van otherwise I'm going to have to hire a transit tomorrow. I'm quite excited!!!

The Mozart recital sounds lovely DM. I used to go to stuff like that before junior & junior turned up Enjoy

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #4

Yola - are you taking Metronidazole? That's an absolute no-no with alcohol - didn't the pharmacist tell you?
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/medicines/207474.html
Healing thoughts for Balie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #5

No, I'm taking amoxycillin. Which I think is OK with alcohol as I've had it a few times before.

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #6

bang goes that theory then! Maybe a combination of factors, including stress for today?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #7

Ist February, makes it sound a lot closer to Spring...... and I can now say we are going on holiday next month!

Beautiful sunny day here but there's still a nip in the air....

Had to go to the dentist this morning just for my 6 monthly check....all clear I'm pleased to say..

I hope those up north who have been forecast snow for today are able to get out and about......keep warm!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #8

Hi all! The predicted all day cold rain is here; very gloomy. I planned to stay in and not shop today and did just that...had a nice lie-in. Only thing on the agenda today is a small load of laundry; nothing going on. February means a little closer to Spring...may it roll on!

Yola: good vibes for Balie coming; hope you feel better soon too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #9

Hi all - just thought you'd all like a bit of a boost! Spring is on the way. Pic of snowdrops in my garden taken today:-

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #10

Angieh - those snowdrops are super! I can't seem to keep them in our garden for some reason. Spring is on the way! (but nobody told the weather fairy!)

We've just heard at school that we have an Ofsted inspection next week oo-er!!