Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Thursday

I think the weather is calming down now, unless it's just taking a breather before blowing up again. Not a very nice journey back from the big smoke. Yuk.
We had a very nice time - champagne and canapes and the meal was smoked salmon, followed by lamb rump with sweet potato mash and spinach, lemon tart with lavender cream, cheeseboard, port/brandy. No cigars! Guess who I was seated next to? Only the Chief Executive Good job I practiced my curtseys eh?
Bit tired - we were late getting to bed, OH was snorey (the brandy!) and for some reason we had twin beds, so I wasn't close enough to wallop him
Dinah was a good girl in the kennels and liked it, so that's a good find.
That's me for today. Hope everyone keeps their power and internet connection! Batten down the hatches - this is the end of January, so spring must be on its way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #12

Glad you enjoyed your BIG NIGHT OUT Dinahsmum! I do like the sound of lemon tart and lavender cream - yummmm.

Spring is on the way, crocuses (?) popping up and snowdrops, catkins on the hazel and the nights are drawing out too!

Chins up chaps (and chapesses) and safe travel if you have to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #13

Hi all! Sunny and relatively mild, 37F (forgot to switch site to Celsius..). Nasty cold all-day rain predicted for tomorrow so did two days marketing so I can stay in and be warm and dry Friday. Getting over that yucky cold, not going to chance a trip in the rain...
Got a bit teary on the bus coming home: usually have the same driver, a lovely man, we chat about cats and computers (he finally got one) and all sorts of things. Anyhow, I'd missed his bus for about a week; when I got on he said he'd wondered if I had been OK and that he'd "missed seeing your little black cat in your yard". So I had to tell him the sad story...but I was touched to think that he looked for her when the bus went by......

Your weather sounds unpleasant,,,,when will Spring get here??? Crocuses?? Snowdrops??Not a sign here...

Enjoy.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #14

Big hugs Eileen xxx
It was nice of him to be thinking of you and Onyx though. I do hope she returns. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #15

Eileen.
I wrote a bit more in yesterday's 'daily'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #16

Thanks; will pop over and read it......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #17

Eileen, I hope wherever Onyx is, she is warm and receiving as much love as you gave her..... xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #18

How lovely of him to mention missing seeing Onyx but the plus side there is look how much ground he must cover and keeping his eyes peeled for her........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
31-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #19

Wow Eileen how wonderful of the bus driver to be looking out for Onyx.
I liked what everyone has said in yesterdays thread and I feel maybe she has come and gone that she realised that Leia was always going to be dominant and that she went elsewhere, bit of a nomad, or had two homes and made a choice and that will be because you helped build her confidence and trust, so cheers Eileen and well done for helping her along in life. X (the bus driver would have seen otherwise on his travels)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #20

BC - that is a lovely and, hopefully realistic, theory. May Onyx have the loving home she deserves.