Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Wednesday

Morning all, another nice day here again I'm off up to the horses shortly then I have to take Tom back to the Orthodontist later this morning as his new braces are really giving him some pain Mildred is concerning me a little today, she seems a little 'off colour' so will need to keep a close eye on her.

Yola - I hope you managed to get your tooth sorted out yesterday?

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
30-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Wednesday

Good morning all.
It is beautiful here today the sun is out and the skies are clear.
I hope you are pain free today Yola.
I hope Mildred is ok Fran, healing vibes comes her way.
I hope Onyx returns today Dandysmum. Everything is still crossed here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #3

Good morning - it really is, sun is shining from a clear blue sky and we have a brilliant day forecast. I won't mention the possible snow flurries on Friday
Just showered and hair washed ready for the party tonight. (have to get the straw out of my hair before going to London. And remember to curtsey to all they fine ladies and gentlemen ..........or I have I been watching too much 'Larkrise to Candleford?')
Dinah is going to the new kennels overnight. Hope she will be OK. Cats are staying here of course.
No other news. Have a good day.
Yola - yes, how is your tooth? You didn't tell us yesterday
DM - I missed Onyx' disappearance so I hope I'm here for her return. What is Kazz' scenario? That she has overcome her fear through your hard work, that she knows Leia won't let her in to your house so she has invited herself in elsewhere? That's the view I would take too, in the absence of evidence for anything more sinister.
Fran - poor Tom. I think there's an element of 'If it ain't hurtin' it ain't workin' but there are limits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #4

DM have a lovely time up in 'the smoke' LOL about the Larkrise to Candleford comment - it's exactly the image that sprung to my mind when you mentioned about straw and hair (isn't Dawn French scary ).

The tooth has totally stopped hurting, thanks all for asking. What is odd is that it's now hurting up at the very top of my gums and up under my nose. It all feels numb and I can see when I talk that it kind of looks a bit immobile The upshot is an infection between the tooth' root and the bone. Dentist was going to remove the nerve until he'd realised he'd already done that in 2005 I have 7 days' worth of potent antibiotics so hopefully that's sort it.

Not much happening today, sun is shining and it's quite chilly. I'm still tired, despite having a very early night last night.

Have a nice Wednesday all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #5

Good news about the pain - bad(ish) about the infection but hopefully the a/bs will soon sort that. Are you on the Met .... zole ones - "don't drink or you will be sooooo sick" as everyone stresses!
I'm not sure if I like Dawn French in L to C or not. Like the series though - even its painfully slow pace. Ah. How things used to be. Isn't Ben Miles dishy? My OH knows his dad quite well but I'm afraid I've never had an intro to Ben

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Fran - poor Tom. I think there's an element of 'If it ain't hurtin' it ain't workin' but there are limits.
Oh yes he was under no illusions, he knew they would be uncomfortable and take a while to get used too. He's fine with the bottom brace but the top brace is cutting all the inside of his cheek, so now it's too painful to put the brace in When I phoned the Orthodontists they did say that they'd probably be able to 'tweek' it a little to make it more comfortable, we shall see ...

Yola - pleased the pain has eased and hope the A/B's sort out the problem

DM - hope you have a really lovely evening!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #7

Morning all! Lovely sunny day here but a bit chilly. No wind - OH off to play golf, so I have time to catch up on the washing and have some dictation to type up too, so will be busy today.

Yola - glad to hear your pain has diminished and hope those abs will complete the job.

Dinahsmum - have a lovely time tonight. I'm sure you won't let us countrygals down! (are you sure you have ALL the straw out???) Not been watching Larkrise, sad really but it clashes with something OH watches. I read the book years ago.

Dandysmom - I am afraid I missed Onyx's disappearance too - really sorry to hear about that. Fingers crossed for safe return.

Fran - hope Mildred is OK. Know your eagle eye will be keeping careful watch on her!

Fab day wishes to all other Catsey members and hope you are all contented to bask in the sun. (What snow flurries?)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #8

Good afternoon everyone and a beautiful sunny one it is too!

Had the trolley dash to do this morning, then back to the usual house tasks.

Fran
- I hope the Orthodontist can make Tom's brace more comfortable. My daughter had braces at 14/15 but they were the ones that are wired and glued on to her teeth. The following day she had them fitted we went to Devon and she was in so much pain with them that she was unable to eat anything all day.. She stuck with it though and the end result was beautiful straight teeth.

DM - have a lovely time tonight!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #9

Afternoon all. A beautiful sunny, but very cold day here. had the heating on full blast here, and still cold. Not much planned for today, just have the Brownie and Guide runs tonight. Hope all those that are suffering start to feel better, DM have a fabulous time (and if you've remembered the straw in your hair, remember not to chew on a piece during dinner lol)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #10

Afternoon all, we had a frost lastnight, really cold today, but dry..
Just spent 2 hours in the hairdressers, had my hair chopped an inch, layed and cut round my face, its lovely, shake my head and it sits perfectly....
Thanks Alex you gave me the idea...
Going dog walking now...
Enjoy the afternoon everybody...